7. Gift

Before starting, see this...

This is the ranking of the story

This is the ranking of the story. Thanks to all the readers who stumbled upon this story, voted and commented. lets hope to see it rising. Now, the new part is below.

Nishikata's POV

It was finally Saturday and I was heading toward the mall. I had bought a gift for Takagi, but this time, not some candy, but a pendant. Mother advised me to buy it for her. She said that it would be best gift for her. Although I was a little bit hesitant first, yet, I made up my mind for buying it. It was a heart shaped pendant with a red gem in the middle. I was sure she would like it.

So, there I was, walking towards the mall, thinking of no one else but Takagi. But...when I just entered the premises, Takao and Kimura crossed paths with me.

"Hey Nishikata" Kimura said "How are you doing? Long time no see"

"I-I am doing fine..." I replied.

"So, why are here all alone?" Takao said.

"I-I Just checking out...uh..." I caught the glimpse of the new movie that was showing on the big screen "I was here to check out the new movie of star wars."

"Oh, that's great" Kimura said enthusiastically, "Join us; we are going to watch it too."

"I uhh..." in the distance I saw Takagi waiting for me at the other entrance of the mall. My heart skipped a beat. If I go with Kimura and Takao, it would mean that I had betrayed Takagi in a way. But if I go with Takagi, the whole school may think that I am actually dating Takagi. I had a dilemma to come out from.

But god saved me this time. Kimura kind of noticed something and said, "Uh, I forgot, Takao, we have to go to your house to finish our homework, remember?"

"What homework?" Takao said, a little bit annoyed "I have already fini—"

"Uh Takao, you are so forgetful" Kimura said and turned to me "Uh sorry Nishikata, we have some urgent business to attend to. You have to be on your own this time." Kimura started dragging Takao out of the mall, and Takao kept protesting.

"Uh, ok, I guess." I made a grinning face towards them. (A/N what I mean by grinning face is the smiling face with a drop of sweat they show in Anime)

Kimura's POV

When I asked Nishikata to come with us, I saw that he was hesitating. Then, I noticed something which made everything clear. I saw that a part of a box was coming out from his pocket. I saw that it had some kind of chain inside. I understood that Nishikata was here with Takagi, or some other girl. Nishikata was so hesitant, that he could not even reject us. So, I started dragging Takao out of the mall. At the entrance, I saw that Nishikata was moving towards someone, none other than Takagi. I smiled a little and got out.

Takagi's POV

From a distance, I saw that Nishikata was talking to Kimura and Takao. I thought that he won't be able to come now. But, suddenly, Kimura started dragging Takao out. Then Nishikata started walking towards me. But he was hindered by a crowd. So, it is my cue. I walked to the nearest store and got inside. When Nishikata came out of the crowd, he could not find me. He was searching all over the place, thinking where I was. He was thinking that I had left as I saw him with Kimura and Takao. Yes, I could read his mind completely.

When his back was facing the, I tiptoed to his back and "BOOM!?"

Nishikata jumped and fell on the floor of the mall. He was bewildered and red. He was staring at me dumbstruck while I was laughing at him. Then I saw something lying beside him. It was a box. I do not know what was in it, but it somehow triggered my blush. I somehow managed to keep them. I helped Nishikata up and then I picked up the box. When he realized that he had dropped the box, which had ended up in my hand, he became completely red. When I turned the box around to see what was inside it, my happiness knew no bounds. It was a heart shaped pendant necklace.

"Nishikata, what is this" I asked him facing the pendant in my hand as I was blushing now.

"T-T-This i-is a g-gift...f-f-for you."

"So, you are bringing gifts for me every day now."

"NO THAT IS NOT IT. MY MOTHER TOLD ME TO BUY IT. THATS ALL"

I hid my blush in my laughter. I should never let him see it, unless he says what I want him to say. By then, everybody was glancing at us. So I took Nishikata to the emergency exit and handed him the necklace and said, "Nishikata, help me wear it. I turned around and pulled my hair in front of me.

"WHY DO I NEED TO HELP YOU WEAR IT? YOU CAN WEAR IT BY YOUR OWN."

"No...i cannot. See, I have difficulty in wearing necklaces, so I need someone else to hook it in my back." I lied to him. What else could I have said to not piss him off?

"Thats n-not—"

"I knew you cannot do it; forget it let me try..."

"N-No, I am doing it."

He hesitantly put the necklace in front of me, pulled the hooks to my back and hooked it. It looked good on me. I turned around and said, "How is it Nishikata? Do I look good?"

He blushed and said, "Yes, I think so."

"Nishikata, do you know why people come here?"

He soothed a little and said, "No, why??"

Surely, after all, you are a dope head. I said, "Usually, couples come here, and..." I poked him and said, "Kiss"

He got pure red and started to run out. I laughed a bit and followed him. In the main hall of the mall, he was standing and grasping for air. When he saw me, he said, "What was that for?"

"What, I told you what coupled do there usually. Wait, were you thinking of something else...Ni-shi-ka-ta" I again blew some air in his ear and he shivered."

"No o-of course n-not. It was embarrassing out there and so I ran out."

"Oh, ok, I guess. So, what do you want to do?"

Nishikata stopped blushing and gave those cunning smiles to me. I think he has another plan up on his sleeve. He said, "Let's go to the gaming zone first."

"Ok" I said. Nishikata stated towards the game zone and I followed him. Let's see what he has for me today."

Thats it for this chapter. surely, the next chapter will come soon. Thanks again for making this story popular. Wait for the next chapter.

Till Then...

Stories_with_arka