14. Memories- 2. Counting Stars

Nishikata's POV

Today is the day our school arranged a trip to the national planetarium near us. Its name is Kami No Te planetarium. We were standing in the courtyard of the school, lining according to our classes. Our principle was lecturing what we would see there, how to maintain discipline and not cause any trouble. Takagi was standing in front of me.

After the lecture session, we slowly boarded the bus. Each bus took two sections.

Takagi boarded the bus first, followed by me. Unfortunately though, the bus was almost packed. I kept moving backwards, only to find that all the seats were full. Takagi had seated herself beside Takagawa-san. I sighed and slowly moved towards the door of the bus along with others. Suddenly, I felt a pull in my shirt. I turned around to find that Takagi was patting the space beside her, Where Takagawa-san was sitting seconds ago. I said, "Where did Takagawa-san go?"

"She went outside, probably to sit with other friends. You can sit here" she smiled as she patted the seat again.

Hesitantly, I sat beside her. After a few minutes the bus started to move towards our destination. It was a rough journey. The planetarium was located in the outskirts of the town so that city lights do not interfere with their telescopes.

After we crossed the city, we entered the highway. I was sitting beside Takagi, squeezing myself away from her, so that I could avoid the touch. She noticed it. She stretched after some time, which made her waist touch mine. I immediately felt shivers running across my body. I stood up, blushing crazily and screaming "Aghh!!" Probably the bus driver heard and immediately tried to apply brakes. But, unfortunately, he pressed the accelerator and the bus buzzed at full speed. This sudden acceleration pushed me in my seat. But, instead of my seat, I basically sat on Takagi's lap. She was pushing hard to let me off her lap. After the bus stopped at the side of the road, due to this sudden excitement, I got up from the lap of Takagi and sat down, blushing crazily and looking at my shoes. But, Takagi was laughing her guts out. She said while laughing, "Nishikata, you surely loved my lap."

I stared at her with big eyes and said, "NO, THATS NOT IT. IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE CRAZY SPEED THAT I WAS UNABLE TO GET UP" I felt a pain in my forehead and the next second, a chalk dropped beside me. I know what it meant.

"NISHIKATA!!" Tanabe-Sensei said "This is not the class and you are still screaming"

"I-I am s-sorry sir, it-it won't happen again." I said and bowed apologetically. When I sat down, I saw that Takagi was laughing covering her mouth. I sighed and stared at my shoes, with my hands clenched. She has only teased me 25 times till now, and the day just began.

After that, I relaxed a bit. I dozed off in my seat. I woke up when Nakai was shaking me. I slowly opened my eyes to se Nakai shaking me and Mano standing beside me. When I fully woke up, I found a weight on my left shoulder. I slowly turned my head, to find that Takagi was leaning against my shoulder, sleeping silently. She was smiling cutely in her sleep.

Mano literally dragged Nakai out of the bus. But before exiting, Nakai smiled and turned to me and made thumbs up. I blushed. The bus was fully empty. only me and Takagi remain. And in this position, anyone could get the wrong idea. I stared at the doorway blushing and wide eyed as Nakai and Mano left.

Moments after that, Takagi started to move. I shook her a little and she opened her eyes. She turned towards me and said, "Are we there?"

I took my eyes off her and said, "Y-Yes" still blushing.

She got up from my shoulder and stretched. I got up and started towards the exit. I stood at the exit of the bus. Takagi came and we got down the bus. I saw Nakai and mano along with the others at the entrance of the planetarium. It was a single-storeyed circular structure designed in the typical Indian style, whose architecture is loosely styled on the at . We stood behind Nakai, the last people from our class. Slowly, the others classes started to gather. Takagi was standing behind me. She said, "Nishikata" I turned to face her and she said, "It was a nice nap." The memory clicked and I blushed lightly. She said, "Did you like it?" she said and smiled.