28. First win

To all the people who wished me happy birthday, Thanks! all of you made my birthday a little bit happier in this depressing covid pandemic.

Takagi's POV

I asked Mitsuo to walk with me because; I really needed to hear the story about Nishikata's return. But, I kept my distance.

The next day, at the school, everybody was shocked to hear the story. No one was able to guess that Nishikata could be such a sneaky fellow. Everybody was pushing me to confess to Nishikata when he gets well. But their words changed to that of sympathy when they heard that Nishikata had amnesia.

After school, I went to see Nishikata at the hospital. Nishikata's mother arrived at the same time. When she saw me, she gave me a warm smile and said, "You are here to meet Nishikata, right?"

I nodded yes. Then, she said, "I am going to meet the doctor. Meanwhile, you can talk with him."

He was about to leave when I blurted out, "Can I, please...go with you?"

She smiled at me and said, "Sure"

At the doctor's chamber, I made myself seated beside Nishikata's mother. The Doctor was examining Nishikata's MRI reports. After examining for a while, he said, "Well, I want to ask you if Nishikata regained consciousness while being brought here."

I said, "Yes, back at the ambulance. He talked feebly as well."

"That's a good sign. So, I thought that Nishikata might be having permanent memory loss. But as he was able to remember you when he was being brought here, it might be just a mild concussion. He should be able to remember everything within a month."

Both I and Nishikata's mother were in tears. Nishikata will remember everything. Although both of us were so happy, the doctor was maintaining a stern face. He suddenly said, "There is a 'but'"

Our happy face was gone instantly and we were looking at him with concern.

The doctor sighed and said, "According to his MRI reports, he had a mild internal bleeding which we were able to terminate with the surgery we performed. But, his brain capillaries still have a lot of pressure than expected, mainly due to the healing process in the skull. Actually, the brain cannot expand much, so high pressure can lead to fatalities. Any further physical OR mental damage can lead to fatal consequences. Let him be home for a month and make him stay calm and quiet for this time."

We nodded in silence. Nishikata's mother went to see Nishikata first. She came out within 10 minutes. When I entered, I found Nishikata lying on the bed with a heck load of bandage on the top of his head. He opened his eyes, smiled feebly at me and said, "Ta..ka..gi"

"YOU-YOU REMEMBER ME?"

"Yeah, you were the girl from yesterday. Why will I forget you?"

"Oh...yeah. Why will you forget me?"

I made myself seated beside Nishikata and said, "So, how are you doing?"

"I am fine. But my head hurts a lot"

"It will heal within a month."

"How did this happen to me?"

"You were trying to protect m and got injured yourself."

"Oh....was I successful?"

"Yes, you were." I smiled at him.

"So, the lady who just left, she is my mother, right?"

"Yep"

"Then...are you my sister?"

WTF. Did he need to forget me so much that he now calls me his sister?!

I blushed a little and said, "NO, I-I am y-your friend."

"Ohh...but you do seem quite familiar. You seem to be really close to me. How do I know you? Wait, are you my girlfriend?"

I blushed really hard for the first time in front of Nishikata. I stuttered, "I-I-I ughh, I-I should leave." I got up and ran away from there. I heard Nishikata say, "What did I do wrong this time?"

A short chapter, bcos, well, i was celebrating my birthday and did not get much time to write. Thanks for cooperating.

Thanks for 5.3K views!!! shoutout for my 5K views(i forgot in the last chapter)

Till then

Stories_with_arka