15. Memories- 3. Indirect Kiss

Nishikata's POV

It was a lovely afternoon. I and Takagi were practicing tandem riding again. I made rounds of the abandoned plot while Takagi was sitting on the backseat, holding me tightly from my belly. After practicing so much, I have kind of become used to her touch, although, her sudden touch still triggers my blush.

After completing the tenth round, I halted near the empty drums. Takagi got off and so did I. I wiped off the sweat drop in my forehead, grinning at Takagi with a sense of satisfaction. Then, she said, "You are doing well, Nishikata."

"After practicing so much, I am bound to succeed." I said as I clenched my fist and brought it up. Then, after calming down a bit, I said, "Want some juice? It's my treat as I want to thank you for teaching me tandem riding."

"Sure" She said and smiled.

"I will be right back" I said and jogged towards the vending machine on the side of the road. I got a grape juice for her and an orange juice for me. I jogged back to find Takagi sitting on the pile of wood. I handed her the juice. I opened mine while she opened hers. We silently drank our drinks. When I was about to finished, Takagi said, "Hey Nishikata, don't drink the last sip. Let's play a game. The winner has to do anything the loser says."

I smiled and said, "Sure." I have to win this. But, I do not know what I will make Takagi to do this time. I will think about it after I win.

"So, the game is simple." She said, "You have to drink the leftover of my juice while I will drink yours."

My blush triggered again. I took two steps back and stared at her wide eyed as I said, "B-BUT, THAT WOULD BE AND INDIRECT KISS!?"

"So, you are forfeiting, Nishikata?"

"I DIDN'T SAY THAT."

"Ok, so you will go first, here, and hand me your can." She said and she handed me her can while she snatched mine. I was staring at the content inside the can. It was wingling grape juice which has been drunk by Takagi. I could feel her saliva inside the juice. If I drink this juice, I would be actually indirectly kissing her! That's gross. But, on the other hand, if a can do this, I have a chance to win against her. So, I have to do this.

I slowly lifted the can. It was a little bit of juice, thank god. I slowly tilted the can in front of my mouth. As the juice touched my tongue, I stopped breathing. I let it pass. It tasted like normal grape juice. After I engulfed the last bit of the juice left, I removed the can and wiped my mouth while I breathe heavily. Takagi said, "Congrats Nishikata, you actually did it. Now it's my turn."

As I was gasping for air, she tilted the can in front of her mouth and started to drink the juice, as if it was not mine. She did not hesitate. But she was not able to finish the whole juice as for some reason, her hand slipped from the can and the can fell on the ground, spilling the entire juice on the ground. I watched wide eyed as she rubbed her mouth. Then, she said, "It tasted great, but, the juice fell. Looks like you win this time." She said and smiled.

Yes, it was the truth. I had finally won. I felt like jumping around the ground celebrating my victory. I proudly said, "At last I win Takagi, now for your punishment" I was cut off by Takagi nodding her head.

She said, "What Punishment. I will tell you what to do and you will have to follow it."

"Hey, but I am the winner. That is totally not fair."

"Let me repeat myself. I said, 'Hey Nishikata, don't drink the last sip. Let's play a game. The winner has to do anything the loser says.'"

I felt embarrassed again. I had totally ignored what she had said about the punishment. I stood there heads down in grief.

"Now, for your punishment, I want you to take me to a short trip while tandem riding."

"Huh? But I am not that experienced."

"You are. I certify you that you have passed the test of tandem riding with flying colours."

"But-but we have school and all."

"That's not an issue; let's meet here on next Saturday afternoon. We will do it then."

"ummm, ok, I guess."

"Let's head back home for now."

While Takagi was walking, I walked with my cycle. When we arrived at the intersection, she turned to me, smiled and said, "Goodbye Nishikata. I will meet you again tomorrow."

I said, "By Takagi." She started to walk towards her home while I turned towards my alley when I heard a scream, "NISHIKATA."

I turned to find Takagi waving, and then she said "I know you liked the juice. And you know what; I liked the indirect kiss more than the juice." She said and disappeared into the alleyway towards him home. I stood there, bewildered, still not able to process what I just heard.

Its already chapter 15 of the series. So, i have planned the deadline of the story to be 1st November. Figure out why. I hope i am able to keep up with the deadline.

2K view!! OMG!!! I love it.

Till then

Stories_with_arka