29. Jealous

Takagi's POV

It has been two weeks since Nishikata's incident. He is supposed to join school today. I had planned to wait for him at the intersection. Also, I will be controlling my teasing for another week or two, keeping in mind Nishikata's mental condition.

I waited at the intersection for Nishikata. I think I was overexcited for the return of Nishikata. I was leaning against the wall when I saw Nishikata. But he was not alone. He was accompanied by a, GIRL?!

Her skin was chestnut coloured and she had black hair. Her eyes were black as well. She was a little bit shorter than Nishikata and about the same height as me. She was wearing the same school dress. That implies that she is accompanying us to our school. Wait, I think I exaggerating. She might be just a girl from a different class. Then, why was she walking with Nishikata? Ughhhh!!!! I hate this feeling. Am I being jealous?

"Hey, Takagi!" Nishikata said. He still had his head bandaged lightly. I smiled weakly as he ran forward. He stopped in front of me and said, "Were you waiting for me?"

"Yeah, this is pretty much the place we meet up and go to school together most of the times."

"Oh, yeah, this place seems familiar. Oh, by the way, I can remember some things with you, but not everything."

"What do you remember? Do you remember what happened on the night you were injured?"

"Nope, I don't. Was it something important?" I said, staring at him expectantly.

"No, just saying"

By this time, the girl came near us and stood beside Nishikata. They were standing so close. Besides me, I guess no girl has ever been so close to Nishikata. Am I being jelous again?

"OH" Nishikata said, pointing towards the girl, "She is Bortika Chatterjee. She is a transfer student to our school. I met her while walking towards the school."

Chatterjee is a weird way of calling someone, I guess. She out her hand forward and said, "Please call me Bortika. In our country, we call each other by names only."

"Hii, I am Rie Takagi. Call me Takagi. It's nice to meet you." I shook her hand and said, "So, Let's talk while walking."

We started walking, with Nishikata being between me and Bortika. I said, "So, Bortika, where are you from?"

"I am from India."

"Oh. Why a sudden transfer?"

"My father Chose to work here as he had better opportunities for him here than in India."

"Oh, so, are you permanent?"

"Yeah, kind of. I don't think he is planning to move back to India any time sooner."

The rest of the way to school, both of us asked questions to each other about each other while Nishikata kept exceptionally silent. When we were almost at the school, Bortika suddenly asked, "Are you two dating?"

I controlled the blush and said, "ugh, the school is here, we will see you later." I dragged Nishikata out of there into the school. Luckily, he did not protest.

*

Tanabe sensei introduced Bortika to the whole class. As expected, Kimura and Takao were staring at her with awe. Nishikata was indifferent. He did not seem to care, he just stared outside.

Bortika was given a seat two seats ahead of Nishikata. When she got to her seat, she smiled at me and sat down. Nishikata is acting strange. He is not even talking to me. What could have happened.

*

Tanabe Sensei called Nishikata and, well, introduced himself to him with the best possible way. In fact, he was being excessively polite. As a reply, Nishikata smiled awkwardly and said, "Actually sir, the thing is, I do remember parts from my past, which includes you hitting me with a chalk."

Everyone started to laugh their guts out at this. Tanabe sensei clenched his fists and said, "SHUT UP!" he turned to Nishikata and said, "You know what, you still remain the most mischievous student of my class. But, please, from now, do not take big decisions hastily. Go to your seat."

Nishikata came back to his seat and the school began. But, unlike of me, I controlled myself from teasing Nishikata, due to his medical condition.

*

After the school was over, I was about to ask Nishikata if he will walk home together when Bortika suddenly said, "Hey Nishikata, lets walk together."

Nishikata replied, "Sure." Then, he turned to me and said, "Wanna join?"

I nodded my head silently. Now, the new girl was taking my place.

As Nishikata was taking out his shoes, I noticed that Bortika's locker was just beside Nishikata, between me and him. I was again about to talk to Nishikata when Bortika came in the middle and started to converse with him. I pouted, and pushed my locker door hard. It shut with a loud bang while I slowly proceeded towards the exit. I heard a slight giggle, and when I turned around I saw that both of them were laughing, all of a sudden. I said, "Are you guys coming?"

They wiped a tear off their eyes and said, "Sure"

*

The following week passed like this. For some reason, Nishikata was not talking to me that much. Rather he was spending time with Bortika more and more. One day, he just forgot about me and vanished with Bortika. I was so angry with him.

So, I was planning to confront him today. I will ask him if he remembers me at all or Bortika is all he cares about now. But, all my plans failed when I found that Nishikata is absent today. I had to come to school early because of my cleaning duties, but Nishikata has still not arrived, along with Bortika, and, Mina, Sanae and Yukari. What are they doing now?

Tanabe Sensei had just finished calling names when the back door creaked open and four figures of Bortika, Mina, Sanae and Yukari said together, "Present Sir." They were all panting, like they just came back after running a marathon.

Tanabe sensei sighed and said, "Another ten seconds and all of you would have been punished. Settle down."

They all laughed sheepishly and sat down.

*

At the lunch, Mina, Sanae and Yukari called me to an empty classroom. When I entered, there were all sitting in the middle of the room. When they saw me, Yukari said, "Takagi, we have a bad news for you."

I made myself seated and said, "Carry on."

Mina blurted out, "We tailed Bortika today, and we found that she went to Nishikata's house."

Yukari said, "When we were walking to school, we saw Bortika was walking ahead us. But, she had a phone call and suddenly started to go back. We tailed her, only to find ourselves at Nishikata's house. She rang the doorbell, and Nishikata opened the door. They went inside and after 10 Minutes, she came out. Before leaving, she said, "I am getting late, see you at the mall."

"M-A-L-L?! What are they going to do there?" I said, staring at Yukari with wide eyes.

"We don't know, but before leaving from there, I heard Nishikata say, 'I need to get her a beautiful gift.'" Sanae said coldly.

I could feel my heart shattering. Nishikata was about to confess the other day and now, he is falling for another girl. Why doesn't his stupid memory come back? What if he fall for Bortika too much that he forgets about me forever? No, I can't let that happen. Wait, maybe he just meant something else. Maybe, they will go there for something else other than dating. So, I will follow Bortika to the mall. It will clear all my doubts. Let's see who wins, me or the new girl.

Hey guys! So, there is something fishy going on. Lets see what happens now. 

Thanks for the 5.6 K views!!! I so much love it.

Till then

Stories_with_arka