026 A Decade and Eight

As twins, we constantly get these questions:

"How does it feel to have a twin?"

"When your twin is sick, do you also feel sick?

"Do you experience telepathic connection?"

Being a twin is special. When we were still young, it never crossed our minds how being a twin can actually give people joy and excitement by just seeing our identical faces. And no, we rarely get sick at the same time and we aren't telepathic. Our parents, especially our mom, used to make us wear the same clothes and the same hairstyles which people find adorable. Like any other siblings, we also argue a lot and being compared to each other was most likely the worst for us. We shared the same room, we went to the same school and we literally participated in several activities together. We had a mindset of "Kung ma intra kaw, ma intra ko." Basically, we were never really separated from each other. But as we grew up, somehow things have changed but in a good way. What has become permanent was that we were each other's support system, best friend and any other synonyms you could think of.

Turning 18 can be anyone's dream and nightmare. It's officially the end of childhood and a milestone in adulthood. For us, it is just the beginning of a new lifelong journey with greater challenges and responsibilities; another chapter in our story. For 18 years, God has showered us with more blessings than we could've imagined.

Throughout our journey, we experienced a lot; from losing someone special, not attending the same school for the first time, discovering our talents, achieving a lot of things, and many more. We are different in many circumstances but it is because of our differences that make us shine even more.

We want to thank everyone who has been part of our journey. To our friends; old or new, we are grateful to have met people like you who reminded us that we were never alone. I believe each one of you were destined to be our moral support in different times and for bringing us nothing but laughter and joy. To our teachers who have guided us and molded us to be the best version of ourselves. To our family, for the unending support and unconditional love you have given us. To the people we've met even on social media, thank you for being a part of this journey.

Looking forward to another cheerful year.

- KJ & KM.

09.21.20