Chapter 11

Author's POV.........

Today Nikhil and Ananya were shifting to Nikhil's place. Ananya's heart was beating really fast. She didn't want to be in a house, all alone with him. She told her worries to Priya. As usual Priya comforted her sister-in-law and told her to remain strong. Ananya hasn't visited her house at all after her marriage. She calls her parents occasionally but they don't speak much. However, Ananya calls her brother Varun almost every day and they check on each other's wellbeing.

After packing everything Ananya was waiting downstairs with her luggage. Nikhil was still in his room doing his final few things.

"Nikhil", Priya called and walked into his room.

"Yes Priya" Nikhil answered and placed his arms on her shoulder. He always had a soft corner for his sister.

"Coming straight to the point, I know you can't forget Shreya. Fair enough but please don't hurt Ananya. She hasn't done anything wrong to deserve it. If you don't like her then divorce her after a few months but please don't ever hurt her. By hurting her I mean not only physically but emotionally as well" Priya pleaded to her brother.

"For goodness sake Priya, do you think this low of me?" Nikhil asked his sister, trying not to lose his cool.

"Well I didn't before but I started thinking low of you the day you got married to Ananya. That's when I found out the truth" Priya said with all her courage.

"Everyone in this family is acting as if Ananya is a saint. I'm fed up with all of you trying to portray her like she's an angel. I hate her with a passion but don't worry I'll never hurt her physically. I'm not that type of person". Nikhil said, picking up his luggage.

"What about emotionally?" Priya asked.

"I don't know," Nikhil replied.

"Nikhil....."

"Shhh.... I'll never forget that you thought so low of me, Priya" After saying this Nikhil left.

The driver then picked up Ananya's and Nikhil's luggage and placed it in the car. Ananya was really emotional and bid bye to her husband's family and sat at the back of the car.

After Ananya got in, Parvathy quietly whispered to her son "please don't hurt Ananya".

Nikhil completely lost his cool at this point of time. He was fed up with everyone saying the same thing to him. Without saying another word, he went and sat on the passenger seat. He was fed up with everyone and their assumptions. His anger towards Ananya increased.

Ananya did not utter a word to Nikhil and neither did he, in the car. Ananya decided to listen to music in the car and placed her headphone in her ears and sometime later she fell asleep in the car.

Later, Ananya woke up to find Nikhil screaming at her to get out of the car. Once he saw that she had woken up Nikhil went straight into his house. Ananya slowly followed him carrying her luggage. Ananya admired Nikhil's house as she walked towards it. Well Ananya wasn't surprised because Nikhil was a well known popular architect and he was also a famous interior designer. She had expected his house to be beautiful.

The house wasn't as big as his family home. That was the double of this house. But this house was big in it's own way. Ananya wondered why Nikhil is living in this huge house by himself.

When Ananya got to the entrance of the house, she had no clue what to do or where to go. Nikhil was not seen either. She didn't want to enter his home without his permission because it wasn't her house.

Ananya stood at the entrance of the house and waited for someone to give her directions. After waiting there for around 30 minutes, Nikhil came out of somewhere in a different set of clothes. "Why are you standing there like a statue?" Nikhil asked Ananya slightly, raising his voice.

"Well I didn't know what to do. Nobody gave me instructions. I don't want to just roam around in a random house". Ananya said with the same tone as his.

"Well come in then. I'll give you instructions. Your room is over there and the room next to it is my room. Keep maximum distance when walking by my room and let me make this clear. You are not allowed to enter my room without my permission. If I find you sneaking inside, you'll have to face major consequences.

'What the hell' Ananya thought. But she didn't say anything out loud.

"You have access to everywhere in the house other than my room and study. However, it would be better if you stay clear out of my way when I'm around" Nikhil then didn't stay to say anything else. He left from Ananya's sight.

She slowly walked into her new temporary room. It was a normal sized plain room with a double bed, wardrobe and study table. She also had
an ensuite bathroom attached to her room. This room reminded Ananya of her room in Manchester which she had shared with her friend Shannon.

It was already night time; Ananya didn't bother to have food. It was one of her ideas to avoid Nikhil.

The next day Ananya woke up and she looked out of the window and noticed it was raining heavily and very cold outside. After showering, Ananya took out a salwar from her wardrobe which she had neatly arranged yesterday night in her new wardrobe.

Ananya was feeling really hungry. However when she saw Nikhil in the kitchen eating his breakfast, she didn't bother eating her breakfast. Instead she went and sat in the garden. It was so beautiful with a wide range of trees with flowers and fruits. Ananya went and sat down at the bench and started listening to music. She could feel as if someone was staring at her but Ananya paid no heed to that.

After a long time, Ananya got up and decided to eat something but she got distracted when she saw a small library near the dining room. Ananya decided to go there and she saw different genres of books. Ananya was a book worm since she was a young girl. Books were one of the things that made her happy. Soon Ananya got engrossed into a book that she forgot to eat.

Hope you've all enjoyed this short chapter :)

What do you think will happen to Ananya in the next chapter ?

Opinion on Nikhils attitude in this chapter?

Please let me know what you guys think of this chapter !!!

Will come back soon with the next chapter ❤