Chapter 17

"Your parents and Varun has met with an accident on the way from a temple. Basically a lorry hit they're car. The driver of the lorry is no more" Parvathy infomed Anu

Priya had came running upto Ananya amd hugged her when she saw Ananya coming along with Nikhil at first Anu didn't understand why she was crying and hugging her but Ananya hughed her back allowing Priya to cry. Soon Parvathy came upto them and informed Anu the news. It was a big shock to Ananya ... Anu felt numb after hearing the news, the last thing she wanted to happen was this.

She has avoided her parents after her marriage with Nikhil. A mix of emotions crossed Ananya at that point like regret, anger and mostly sadness. Ananya clutched onto the nearby wall for support when Parvathy told Anu that all three of them are critical because all three of them had severe injuries after the accident.

Ananya couldn't hold it together anymore she cried resting her head on the wall as hard she could. Immediately Nikhil ran upto her and wrapped his hands around her, Ananya fell onto Nikhil chest and cried clutching his shirt soon making his shirt all wet but Nikhil didn't mind it. "Nikhil I dont want anything happening to my parents or Varun, I've hurted them a lot Nikhil for forcing me into this marriage, I regret it a lot now Nikhil" Ananya said and cried harder.

Nikhil gently patted her and tried his best to comfort her "Anu please don't cry, your a strong girl aren't you? Nothing will happen to them just pray Anu". Nikhil said to her as if she was a child rubbing her shoulders gently. Ananya was still in Nikhils embrace when the doctor came out of the ICU.

"We are sorry to let you know that Shekar has passed away, we tried out best but couldn't save his life." The doctor said, at this moment Ananya wanted the earth to swallow her, her heart broke into a million pieces. Ananya hugged Nikhil tightly and cried her heart out " my Appa is no more Nikhil !! " Ananya screamed and cried. "I've hurted him so much Nikhil, I even acted distant to him during his final days !!  And I couldn't even see him on his final days. Where will I clear all my sins ?" Ananya questioned herself and continued crying.

The doctor tried to comfort Ananya and said to her "Revathy wants to speak to her daughter Ananya", Ananya lifted her face from Nikhils chest and followed the doctor into the ICU holding tightly onto the ends of her saree. There she saw her mother surrounded by various different hospital equipment, again tears filled Ananya's eyes.

She slowly walked upto her mother, never in her life she imagined to see her mother in this condition.

'Amma' Ananya called her mother softly

Tears filled Revathy's eyes, "Anu, where is Appa and Varun ?" Revathy asked her daughter slighlty slurred.

Ananya didn't say the truth to her mother as she didn't want to give her mother another shock. "Amma they are fine, both Appa and Varun are slowly recovering". Ananya said holding her mothers hands.

"Hmm ... Anu ?" Revathy called Ananya

"Yes Amma" Ananya replied trying to hide her tears

" Anu my child please forgive your Amma and Appa for forcing you into this marriage. We pushed you into this marriage without valuing your opinions or choices and even after you justified your reason why you dont want to marry Nikhil we threatend you and got you married. Anu we did this only wanting the best for you" Revathy said looking up at Ananya's swollen, red eyes.

"Amma I was angry at you for forcing me to marry Nikhil but I never hated you or dad !!! I love you all immensely and can never hate you, I only want the best for you Amma." Ananya said crying holding Revathy's hands

"Anu I know I won't survive and this is my final moment. Anu after my death please get Varun immediately married to Priya, and also Anu never leave your Appa alone, please look after him well and don't see him as a burden. And finally Anu my biggest wish is to see you and Nikhil living happily  after I die from another world ". Revathy said trying to smile