Chapter 20

6 MONTHS LATER

Slowly Ananya was healing from the trauma. Over the last 6 months Ananya managed to progress her condition with the help of her counsellor and Nikhil.

Nikhil wouldn't let her sit by herself, he always sat with her in the garden and spoke to her about life in general. Nikhil knew that Ananya used to love reading books so used to ask Ananya to come to the library and read with and have discussions about books. Nikhil used to carry Ananya back to bed because normally whenever she reads a book at night she falls asleep which Nikhil found to be cute

He encouraged her to resume her passion which is dancing. At first Ananya was hesitant and didn't want to dance but Nikhil explained to her how her dancing would help her take her mind of things and how she can do it as a therapy. Eventually Ananya gave in and resumed her dancing. She started feeling much better mentally after beginning to dance.

After hearing about Priya's condition Ananya felt happy for her and really bad for her at the same time, Anu wished Varun was alive and would be there for Priya during the pregnancy. Ananya visits Priya often and makes sure shes fine, Ananya had invited Priya to stay over at Nikhil house for a while but Priya didnt accept her Invitation. At first when they both met they would hug each and cry but slowly their conversations changed and their conversations started to be about Priya's child. Ananya was eager to see Varuns child ....

Today after having food Ananya said to Nikhil that she was going to read for a while before going to bed. Nikhil nodded and went to his room, ever since that incident Nikhil sleeps with Ananya in her room keeping their respective distance. However, recently they've gone back to sleeping in two different rooms.

Around 2Am Nikhil woke up feeling thirsty but there wasn't any water so he decided to go to the kitchen and get some water, on the way he decided to check up on Ananya to see if she was asleep. He always does this secretly in order to make sure Ananya is fine but when he opened her door he noticed that she wasn't in the room so he thought she must've fell asleep in the library.  After drinking some water Nikhil went to the library to see Ananya was in there but he found the ljabry to be empty.

Nikhil got panicked and searched for Ananya but she was no where to be seen in the house.

Various thoughts crossed Nikhils mind like

What is ran away from here , where will I find her?

Did she do any self harm ?

Many thoughts like this crossed Nikhil's mind. Eventually he decided to check outside there he saw Ananya kneeling down and crying with her palms covering her face. She was drenched in rain.

"Ananya !!" Nikhil screamed and ran upto her

"What the hell are you doing here at this time?" Nikhil scolded her

Ananya looked up, instantly Nikhil's eyes melted seeing her red, swollen puffy eyes. Nikhil too knelt matching her height and tightly wrapped his hands around her as if he don't ever want to leave it.

She covered her face in his chest and cried as hard as she could. "Anu what happend now ?" Nikhil asked her gently  stroking her hair.

"Nikhil I'm an horrible daughter, I only gave pain to my parents during their final days. I ignored them and hurted them with my silence, on our wedding day when Amma came to hug me I refused !!! I told them not to come with for my graduation!!! I've hurted them in every possible way Nikhil"

"Anu come let's go inside, look it's raining heavily you'll catch a cold" Nikhil said and tried to lift her.

"I want to stay here Nikhil I want this rain to wash away my pain" Ananya said collapsing to the ground.

"Fine cry as much as you want and spend as much time as you want in the rain but I don't want to see your tears after this Ananya. Everytime you give me hope that your recovering but disappoint me  not long after giving me hope" Nikhil said sternly

Ananya got up from the ground, her salwar was stuck onto her body now. After staring at Nikhil with her red eyes  she asked him something "Nikhil what are you concerned about me ? You hated me didn't you ? Nikhil I am forever thankful to you for being with me in my hardest time but you can stop your sympathy now Nikhil, I am willing to sign the divorce papers ..."

This made Nikhil's blood boil "Ananya what I had towards you was something more than sympathy "

"More than sympathy ?" Ananya wanted to spill more from his mouth

"Ananya I absolutely hated you at the beginning for no reason and I realize how much of a jerk I was now. After our Manchester trip for your graduation I started feeling different even if I didn't express it. I didn't exactly know what to name it but it was the same kind of feelings I had towards you in our childhood...

Anu I think I like you " Nikhil said confidently.

Ananya looked up from the ground somewhere in her empty heart a joy started filling but Ananya pretended to ignore it "Nikhil don't start liking me I'm not a good person to be around. Because of me the people close to me never had peace and they're no more as well. Also Shreya is eagerly waiting for us to get divorced dont disappoint her" Ananya said and started to leave.

"Stop this negative attitude Ananya your parents or brother didn't die because of you. Also I am going to end my connections with Shreya " Nikhil said surprising Anu

"Why ?" Ananya asked

"Because I realised what I have towards Shreya is just lust, it's not love Anu" Nikhil said

"Nikhil what if she is truly loving you ? You can't just leave her like this especially after using her body, by breaking up with her you might cause damages you can never rectify." Ananya replied

How did she know about our sexual relations Nikhil thought ....

.........................................................

Hope you've all enjoyed this chapter :)

Let me know how this chapter was !!! And what you think of Nikhil in today's chapter!!

Will come back soon with another update:)