Chapter 32

"The court has ordered Shreya and Vijay to be hanged" Nikhil blurted out to Ananya and Priya unexpectantly. 

Ananya and Priya were sitting in the lounge talking together when Nikhil came up to them and blurted it out.

Both of them froze for a second. "My brothers, mums and dads soul can finally rest in peace. They've finally got justice" Ananya said as a lone tear streamed down her cheeks. But Priya was still sitting there expressionless, Nikhil gently pressed Priya's shoulders hoping to get a reaction from her. Priya turned her blood shot eyes towards Nikhil and said "I 'm happy Nikhil, they deserved it. But my only pain is that Sree won't ever be able to see her father or her grand parents ever again ... " and like usual she to went to her room to cry.

As soon as Priya left Ananya went up to Nikhil wrapped her hands around Nikhil's body and cried, Nikhil without thinking caressed her hair but suddenly realisation hit him that his proximity with Ananya was dangerous but he remained there as he knew that some one has had to be near Anu to comfort her. The fact that her parents and brother was killed and the decision of the court to hang them just a lot for Ananya to sink in, Ananya knew that  hanging them is closer to the agony she had to go through and the days she spend in the physiatrist hospital because she was satisfied that they got the maximum punishment. 

Few Days Later

The Varma family plus Ananya was eating their breakfast when Nikhil reminded his family to get ready by 8pm for the New Year party . Ananya smiled awkwardly and she felt out of place as she wasn't invited and imagined to just celebrate it by herself like the past 3 years !!

"Ananya you too get ready by 8pm" Nikhil said surprising Ananya. "No it's fine Nikhil I'll stay here" Ananya replied. "Ananya your not staying here by yourself, your coming with us Nikhil stated this time giving no loops for Ananya to escape.

"But Nikhil I'm not invited to it also technically I am not part of this family !!! " Ananya blurted out  without careful consideration which she regretted the next second. Everyone's face fell hearing what Ananya had just said. "Well technically you are Nikhil's wife because you two haven't divorced yet" Nikhil's grandfather said shocking Ananya. "Daddu I don't know if Nikhil told you this but me and Nikhil divorced three years ago " Ananya replied to Nikhil's and Priya's grandfather. "Well Anu I don't think you've realised that Nikhil never submitted those papers to the court, he ripped those papers one day under the influence of alcohol you two are still legally wedded husband and wife" Daddu said, It was indeed a shock to Ananya however somewhere in her heart she felt content so I still have rights on Nikhil ... Ananya told herself. 

It was indeed a shock for rest of the family as well because everyone else including Ravinath, Parvathy and Priya thought Nikhil had submitted those papers, which is why they kept on nagging Nikhil to move on in life. "This is indeed a shock for us !! Nikhil why didn't you tell anyone this ? More problems would've been made if either you or Anu wanted to move on in life". Nikhil remained quite mainly because he didn't have anything to say. "Ravi don't tell him of" Parvathy said and she continued by saying "It is January the 1st from tomorrow, meaning it is a fresh year with a lot more opportunities, basically the next year you will have 12 fresh chapters and 365 pages. I want all my children to make best use of it, forgive and forget and everything happened in the previous chapters and move on for the best. So Nikhil and Anu by that I mean make use of your time and choose wiser decisions, by that I mean giving another try in your relationship, this time you have no more obstacles like Shreya in your life but I'm not forcing you two to do anything. It completely up to you two how you would like your future to be and Priya I want you to move on in life as well It's already been three years after it and stop dwelling upon the people who have left from this world at least for the sake of Sree Lakshmi. All of us are here in this world for a short period of time, make the best use of it and live life happily, a wise person has once said that 'you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one'. I only want to see my children living happily before I close my eyes including you Anu, I'm not saying marriage is the only thing that keeps you happy but if you want to It can be one of the things that makes you happy in life. Hope I didn't bore my children or anyone else with my lecture". Parvathy said and left, the room was dead quite now, Ananya was able to sense the tension in the room.