Chapter 3.

Meher's POV-

I grabbed a pair of denim jeans and a white top, before making my way to the washroom. Once I was done, I stepped out, fully dressed. Standing infront of the dressing table, I pulled my hair into a ponytail.

"You ready, Meher?" Sidiksha asked.

"Yup." I said, wearing my mask.

We walked out and met the boys in the hallway, before walking towards the reception.

"Here." Naksh said, handing over my ID card.

"We're getting separate cars to drive us to our location." He stated further.

"Whose practice session are you guys heading to?" Meeth asked us.

"MI." Sidiksha said quickly.

"DC." Naksh stated.

"KKR, I guess?"

"You?" Sidiksha asked him.

"RCB."

"Get me Virat's autograph." Sidiksha told him.

"Anything else?" Meeth asked her, rolling his eyes.

"Guys, the cars are here. Let's get going." Naksh told us.

*

I reached the location, and saw KKR players all over the place. I got through the security by showing them my ID, before taking off my mask and walking in.

"Meher, right?" I turned around to see a man, around his fifties.

"Yes sir."

"Hi, I'm Anuj. I'm supposed to be guiding you around, but I've seen your captures, and I don't think you need any guidance, but, if you need any help, I'll be right there." He told me, pointing at a spot where most of the cricketers were sitting.

I nodded my head, before saying, "Okay sir."

After he walked towards where he had initially pointed, I turned around, and I immediately regretted it.

A cup of water was all over my white top.

I looked up to the see the person who caused this, and honestly, I wasn't one bit surprised.

"Shit. I'm so sorry. Again." Said Shubman Gill.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

"It's okay." I told him, giving a small smile.

"Just wait here." He stated, and ran to god knows where.

While I was trying to squeeze water from my top, Shubman came back to where he asked me to wait, with a jersey in his hand.

"You can wear this." He said, handing a jersey to me.

"Oh, no no, it's okay." I stated, shaking my head.

"Uhm.. you're wearing a white top.. and it's kind of translucent because of the water....." He tried explaining.

And that's when it hit me.

"Oh.. oh.. okay..." I said, taking the jersey from his hand, and holding it close to my chest.

I was so embarrassed at this point of time that I didn't even know what to say.

"There's a washroom there." He pointed.

I nodded at him, mumbling a thank you, before making my way towards the washroom.

"What on Earth is happening? Ugh!" I screamed, once I was in the washroom, all alone.

"Should've gone to click SRH instead." I sighed, taking off my top.

I wore the jersey Shubman had given me, and man, it was so big. I tucked it in, but it was still too loose. I shook my head, before walking out of the washroom with my white top in my hand.

While I stuffed my top inside my bag, a voice called me out.

"Uh.. excuse me?"

I turned around to see Shubman Gill standing there.

"Yeah?"

"Uhm.. I didn't quite catch your name." He said.

"Meher." I smiled, extending my hand forward.

"Shubman." He smiled back, shaking my hand.

"And Meher, I'm really sorry. It was an accident." He apologised.

"It's fine, not an issue. And yeah, thanks for the jersey. I'll return it soon." I told him.

He opened his mouth to say something, but the coach called him and so he had to leave.

I turned around and grabbed my camera from the bag. I took off the lens cap, before cleaning it and walking on the field.

I started off with clicking pictures of the team while they warmed up, before going ahead with clicking individual pictures.

While Shivam Mavi did his run up, I clicked a few pictures of him, before checking them. I deleted some, and clicked another set of pictures, where he was bowling.

"Hey."

I looked up from my camera screen and saw Kamlesh Nagarkoti.

"Hi." I smiled at him.

"So, I saw you click my pictures before Shivam. Can I see them?" He asked.

"Sure." I said, showing him his pictures.

"You really click good pictures." He said, once he saw all the pictures.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Kamlesh." He introduced himself, bringing his hand forward.

"I know." I chuckled.

"I'm Meher." I said, shaking his hand.

"I see you're in Shubman's jersey." He smirked.

"Oh.. uh.. this.." I stuttered.

"Chill, I know. I saw him dropping a cup of water on your top." He said, chuckling.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Anyway, I'll get back to practicing. I'll see you later." He smiled at me, before walking away.

I got back to clicking pictures once he left, this time, Shubman Gill's.

----

Don't forget to vote. 👀