Chapter 8.

Meher's POV-

I clicked a few pictures of Shubman while he was batting, and man, the boy looked so hot.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Shubman looking at me. I looked at him, and back at the picture before fanning my face, indicating how hot he looked, before cheekily winking at him.

I couldn't help but laugh when I caught him blushing.

"Ahem."

I turned around and saw Kamlesh smirking at me.

"What?" I laughed while asking him.

"Too much of winking, too much of blushing." He coughed.

I shook my head, before saying, "I'm just trying to cheer him up. The more he's distracted, the more it'll be easier for him to move on from Sara."

"Thank you." Kamlesh smiled.

"For?" I asked, chuckling.

"For helping him move on."

"One coffee would do." I innocently shrugged my shoulders.

He laughed at me, before saying, "Surely. After the match tonight?"

"Done." I smiled at him.

"Anyway, I'll carry on with my practice, and you carry on with..." He looked at Shubman and then back at me, before fake coughing.

I was about to hit his arm but then the boy ran away from me. I chuckled at him, before I turned around, only to come face to face with Brendon.

"Hello there." He smiled at me, his arms crossed against his chest.

"Hey." I said, smiling back.

"I'm glad you've mingled with everyone so well." He stated.

I looked around, before saying, "Yeah, me too."

"Not gonna lie, but we all missed you yesterday."

"Aw, that's sweet." I chuckled.

"Oh, I actually came to ask if you'd want to join us tonight for the match?"

"Uhm... wouldn't the others be bothered?"

"No not at all. Actually, all of us want you to join us." He assured me.

"Well, then, okay." I smiled, shrugging my shoulders.

"Great. I'll see you later." He said, patting my head, before walking away.

As I watched him walk away, someone kept their hand around my shoulder.

"Hi madam." Said Dinesh Kartik.

"Hello." I said, grinning at him.

"How's everyone treating you?" He asked me, as we walked.

"They're all treating me well." I smiled at him.

"That's great, but if anyone's not treating you right, come tell me, okay?"

"Yeah, I will."

"Good. Also, I heard you have a collection of some amazing jokes." He stated.

"Who told you this?" I chuckled.

"Nagar." He chuckled along.

I shook my head, smiling to myself.

"I have a pun on KKR." I stated.

"Go on, I want to hear it." He said, chuckling.

"Why call it Bengali prostitute, when you can call it Kolkata Knight Rider! " I winked.

It took him a few seconds to understand.

"Oh... oh... ohhhh. That was really good." He chuckled. I chuckled along, shaking my head at him.

"Took you a while there." I stated.

"I mean, everyone's not smart like you now." He stated, before chuckling.

"Shut up." I said, slightly hitting his arm.

"And hello, you're distracting me. Let me get back to my work." I joked.

"Am I distracting you, or is it Mr. Gill right there?" He smirked at me as we came to halt.

"What no!" I laughed.

"Right." He winked before walking ahead, as I stood there watching him. He turned around and fanned his face, imitating me, back when I fanned my face looking at Shubman.

"Oh god!" I laughed, hiding my face with one of my palms. Dinesh laughed too, before turning around and making his way to where the rest of them were sitting.

I turned around and this time I came face to face with Shubman.

"What's up, hottie?" I winked at him.

He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Where are you headed to?" He asked me.

"There." I pointed to where my camera bag laid.

"Need to pack." I smiled.

"Let me walk you." He offered.

"Wow, what a gentleman." I stated, as we started walking.

"Tell me about it." He smirked.

"Anyway, why did you even come here in the first place if your bag is there?" He asked.

"I was speaking to DK, and I don't know, we just walked and I ended up here." I shrugged.

We walked to where my bag was, before I kneeled down, kept my camera in the bag, and zipped it.

"Done." I said, standing up.

"You-"

"Meher careful!" I heard someone scream, but I had no time to react.

Shubman pulled me towards his chest, but I tripped on my shoe causing the both of us to fall on the ground.

He held me close to his chest, and one palm on my head so that I don't hit my head on the ground.

I had my eyes shut tightly, before I slowly opened them only to see Shubman staring back at me.

----

Vote. Vote. 💕