Chapter 20.

Meher's POV-

"Hey." He greeted me.

"Hi... uhm.. I actually wanted to speak to you about something." I told him.

"Oh, okay. Come in." He said, making room for me to enter the suite.

"So, what's it about?" He asked, sitting on the bed.

"Kamlesh, uh.. told me-"

He interrupted.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about it, I won't let anyone else know."

"Okay, but I need to tell you the truth, Shubman." I stated.

"Meher, listen to me." He started.

"I know you and Kamlesh are dating, and it's okay, you don't need to worry about anything."

What is wrong with this boy?

"Okay, but can you please listen to me?" I asked him, getting irritated.

"Yeah, tell me."

"So, the thing about me and Kamlesh dating-"

"Meher, I told you, I will not tell it to any-"

"I like you, Shubman!" I exclaimed, loud enough.

He remained silent for a few seconds, before saying, "You what?"

"Yes, I like you, not Kamlesh!" I stated clearly.

Shubman sighed, keeping his forehead against his palms.

"I can't believe you! You're playing with Kamlesh!" He said.

"What- no, Shub-"

"No, no, you listen to me. Meher, what you are doing is totally wrong! He's my bestfriend." He stated, shaking his head.

"Shubman, you've got it all wrong-"

"Woah, what? I've got it all wrong? You're the one playing with me and my bestfriend, and I've got it wrong?" He said, looking baffled.

"You know what, Meher! I cannot believe I actually like someone like you. You-"

"Okay, you shut up!" I shouted.

"Kamlesh and I are not dating, Shubman! You've got it all wrong. Kamlesh and I are only good friends. It's you whom I like, you fucking dumbfuck." I said, slowly and clearly.

"What?"

Shubman looked shocked.

"But- But, you guys beha-"

I cut him off this time.

"We were not behaving like a couple for god's sake!" I stated.

"I had hurt my back. You remember the time you saved me from the ball and we ended up on the ground? Well, there was a metal spike on the ground, and I landed on top of it causing it to enter my back. Only he knew it because he had come to my room that day. I didn't want anyone else to know about it. And, the sole reason why he always kept his hand on my back was because he didn't want anything else to increase the injury. Look here's the mark." I added, lifting my tshirt a bit to show him the mark.

"Oh my god, Meher. This-" He said, touching the mark. As long as I wanted his hand to stay on my back, I also had to let him know the truth, and hence I interrupted him.

"No, listen!" I said, turning around and holding him by his shoulders.

"The other day when you came to my room and saw Kamlesh shirtless, nothing happened, Shubman!" I told him.