Chapter 16.

Shubman's POV-

After a couple of knocks, the door opened.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked me.

"Uhm... I wanted to speak." I said.

"Oh, come in." He said, opening the door wide open for me to get in.

"Tell me." Said DK, sitting beside me on the couch.

"Can you like someone else so easily when you've just stopped liking a person whom you were crazy about for a year?" I asked.

I didn't want to beat around the bush, and so, I was direct.

"Does this have something to do with Sara and Meher?"

"Yeah." I confessed.

"So, you like Meher?" He questioned.

"I'm not sure about that, but yeah, I'm attracted to her." I told him.

"You know DK, whenever she's around I get this warm feeling from within. I like it when she's around me." I added.

He smiled at me, before saying, "Well, I'll be really honest with you."

"After Nikita and I got divorced, it wasn't easy for me. There were nights where I couldn't sleep, there were days where I didn't want to eat. There was also a time where I didn't want any other woman to take her place."

I nodded for him to continue.

"But when Dipika came into my life, things changed. She taught me how to take things positively. She taught me how everything that happens in our life, is for a reason."

"Look Shubman, what I'm trying to say here is, timing does not matter. You may fall out of love with someone today, and the very next day you may fall in love with someone else. Sometimes, people fall in love with another person when they're already in a relationship." He said.

"What really matters is the person who comes into your life, the person who gives you a reason to smile, to be happy again. The person who has the strength to make you laugh, to make you feel lively again. Shubman, all that matters is the right one."

"But DK, don't you think it's too early to like her?" I questioned.

"Like I said, it's never too early to like someone. It just depends on how that person makes you feel." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"If that person makes you feel good, then she's right for you, if she doesn't, then it's not her." DK stated.

"So, it's that simple?" I asked him, chuckling.

"Yes, Shubman, it's that simple." He smiled.

"But, how did you happen to think about this?" He questioned.

"She's been really supportive, DK. After the Sara drama happened, she was the first one to know. She didn't judge me nor did she speak shit about Sara. She handled the situation without me feeling bad nor even thinking bad about Sara. Meher is an adult when needed, otherwise she's just a kid, and I think that's the best thing about her. She makes people around her feel comfortable. I just don't even know how I started liking her. It's just that her company makes me feel very happy-"

"Okay, wait. I'm sorry to interrupt you here, but listen Shubman, liking someone's company and liking a person are two different things. Sometimes all we do is like a person's company and then end up interpreting that we like them, but then when you realise that it was just their company and not the person, it ends up in a heartbreak. So, please be clear with your feelings before you confess them to Meher." DK said.

"I understand what you're saying, because I've gone through that. Sara just liked my company, not me. But with Meher, yeah, I do like her company too, but most importantly, I like her. It's just the way she is." I said, absent-mindedly smiling to myself.

"Well, seems like you answered your own question." He winked.

I chuckled at him, thinking how he made me answer my own question.

"Thank you!" I stated, laughing.

"You're welcome, champ." He said, patting my head.

"I.. uh.. I'll get going." I said, standing up from the couch, before making my way towards the door.

"Also, better late than never, does not work when you like someone, so I suggest, you go speak to her about this now. The girl seems to like you." He smiled, blinking his eye.

"You think?" I asked, standing by the door.

"If you ever notice the way she looks at you, then you would know." He said, winking at me, causing me to chuckle.

"I better go talk to her now." I said.

"Yeah." He nodded.

I exited his room before making my way towards Meher's. I really wanted her to know what I feel about her, and also, I wanted to know too, what she feels about me.

The only thing I was hoping for is to not get my heart broken again.

I stood infront of Meher's room, before taking a deep breath and knocking a few times. I was hoping for Meher to open the door, but was shocked to see Kamlesh.

Usually, I wouldn't be shocked, but Kamlesh was shirtless this time.

I shifted my eyes to the background and saw Meher with Kamlesh's shirt only, walking from one place to another.

----

Vote, please? 👀