Chapter 21.

Meher's POV-

That someone was Kamlesh Nagarkoti.

"This guy." Shubman chuckled, standing up on his feet and walking towards the door.

"Yup, this guy." I hissed under my breath.

"Hey. I just wanted to make sure Meher didn't chicken out." I heard Kamlesh say.

"I did not!" I shouted.

"Bro, I'm not even kidding, she was so scared to confess. What a chicken." I heard another sentence.

"That's it, I'm going to rip your head off." I said, pushing Shubman aside to get to Kamlesh.

I was a few centimetres away from Kamlesh, when Shubman caught me by the waist and pulled me back.

"I have never seen death come so close to me." Kamlesh breathed out, as a horrified look covered his face.

"I- I will get back to my room." He said, running out of Shubman's room.

"I just realised how wrong I was about the two of you." I heard Shubman laugh.

"Shut up." I mumbled, pinching his arm.

"Can we get back to what we were doing?" I asked him, really pissed.

Shubman smiled at me, before pulling me closer to him. In a swift move, he caught my jaw and leaned in to give me my first kiss.

*

~8 years later-

"Meher, you ready?" My mom asked, entering the room.

"Yeah." I looked at myself in the mirror.

"You look.... beautiful." She breathed out, looking at me.

From the tip of her little finger she got kohl off her right eye, before applying it behind my ear.

I couldn't help but smile at her.

I turned towards the mirror again and got off the chair. I looked at myself in a cream colour lehenga for one last time, before walking towards the door.

Shubman and I dated for eight years before deciding to tie the knot, here in Maldives.

Getting married in Maldives has always been my dream, and today it's about to turn into reality.

Another reason we didn't get married in India was because Shubman didn't want the news to leak out. We ourselves wanted to tell everyone, and we knew for a fact that it wouldn't be possible in India.

"Why are you freaking out?" Sidiksha asked me.

"I am?" I asked her.

"Meher, you've been biting your lips from the past five minutes." She told me.

"It's going to be fine. Come on! Did you forget that it was you who proposed?"

Oh yes, another thing, it was me who went down on my knee and asked him to get married to me.

I still remember the look on his face. It was priceless. He looked so happy! The boy had tears in his eyes, and I couldn't have been more happier.

"All the best!" Sidiksha kissed my head, before walking out to the venue from another door.

A few minutes later, Jashn- E- Bahara started playing.

The door opened and I started walking down the staircase, looking down. I wasn't blushing, I was scared.

"Kehne ko jashn- e- bahara hai, ishq ye dekh ke hairaan hai."

I was in sight, and I could feel people stare at me. I held my lehenga a bit more tight and continued walking down the stares.

I stepped out of the huge door, and looked ahead.

"Saare sehme nazare hai, soye soye wakt ke dhaare hai. Aur dil mei koi khoye si baatei hai."

I saw Shubman stare right into my eyes. Smiling at him, I made my way down the aisle. With each step my heart pumped louder.

I reached the mandap and Shubman extended his hand towards me. Keeping my hand in his, I climbed the mandap and stood beside him. He turned to look at me, before holding both my hands in his.

Shubman looked at me before kissing my knuckles. He looked at me again, and I could see tears in his eyes.

"I love you." I whispered.

Instantly, he pulled me into him and hugged me.

Before kissing my forehead, he said, "I love you."

Maybe, Shubman dropping his tub of icecream on me was all interconnected. If he hadn't dropped it on me, I don't think we would've had an us.

Maybe, Shubman was destined to drop his icecream on me.

Maybe, I was destined to be KKR's intern photographer.

They say, an illusion shared by everyone becomes a reality.

Indeed, reality is nothing but a beautiful illusion.

*THE END*

----

VOTE, please. 💕