three

Juniper woke after having a dream that escaped her memory nearly the second she woke, but she swore she had seen the familiarity of the white-haired boy in her dreams, causing her to shutter at the thought of him being there. She wasn't thrilled with the idea that she had Advanced Potions, knowing Draco was in that class. She went about her morning routine: Slytherin Prefects bathroom, bath, dry hair, mascara, robes. Today she changed up what she used on her lips, using a chapstick that gave her rose colored lips and even rosier look. She didn't rush to potions, but when she got there and saw nearly every seat was full, she wished she had rushed. Blair gave her a look that said, "sorry," as the seats by her were taken, the only one remaining open now was next to Draco Malfoy.
    Draco looked up from his fingers that were fiddling with his ring on his right hand and saw Juniper sigh before making her way over to sit at the seat next to him. He knew she didn't want to be there, that she would rather be sitting next to an acromantula than him, but he couldn't help but be slightly glad that she had to sit there. He was actually quite thrilled that he was able to admire her plump rose colored lips up close and that he could see her green eyes better than before when they walked in a dark corridor. He almost spent too much time examining her that he nearly missed Snape tell them to open their books to page ten to brew Drought of Living Death.
    Juniper, however, was less than pleased she was sitting next to Draco Malfoy. She wasn't a fan of how he watched her carefully, examining every feature about her. It felt like he was just trying to pick out things about her, objectifying her, when in reality he wasn't doing that at all. She was, however, grateful that he was great with potions when she struggled with the Drought of Living Death. The stupid bean wouldn't cut in half, causing her to get extremely frustrated.
    "How'd you do that?" She asked Draco as she saw him squeezing the juice from the bean into his cauldron. He watched her struggle, chuckling slightly to himself before coming behind her and grabbing the bean with his left hand and grabbing her hand that was holding the small knife.
    "You just need to have a really firm grip." Draco said quietly in her ear as he pierced into the bean carefully, his hand engulfing her own. She could feel his ring pressing into her fingers, the cold metal mixed with the warmth of his hand felt nice, which she didn't like that she enjoyed. Draco handed her the now cut in half bean, allowing her to squeeze it into her potion. She could feel her pale cheeks turning slightly pink.
    "Thanks." She said quietly, trying not to smile at him, but couldn't help it as she looked into the potion. Draco could see the pinkness on her cheeks, making him laugh a bit. He only nodded his head to make it known that he was acknowledging her for saying thank you. He liked that he could help her regardless if she liked it or not. What neither of them liked was that Blaise Zabini was staring at the pair from across the room, his eyes burning into Juniper and then into Draco as he hated seeing him help her.
    "Why is Zabini staring at me?" Draco asked quietly, making Juniper look up at him and then at Blaise, who looked away quickly. Fuck. Was all she could think. Blaise wasn't over her and he certainly wasn't happy seeing Draco helping her, she knew she'd hear about that later.
    "Maybe he wants to be like one of the girls going into your dormitory." Juniper teased Draco, she had a slight laugh in her voice as she knew it would bother him greatly. Draco rolled his eyes at her, scoffing a bit.
    "Do you wish you were one of those girls?" Draco asked her quietly, leaning his hands on the desk so his face could get closer to hers. Juniper met his grey-blue eyes as she swallowed hard, not entirely sure of how to make a comeback from that. 
    "Depends, how many girls have been in that dormitory?" She retorted.
    "Less than you think, darling." Draco didn't hesitate to reply. Darling. Why did she like that he called her that?
    "Do you call all the girls darling?" She asked, getting under his skin now. Why was she trying to have an attitude with him? He wasn't a fan of her being sassy with him, but he slightly enjoyed the fight she put up.
    "Just the ones I like." He replied to her. Snape had announced just then that class was dismissed, prompting Juniper to grab her things and leave immediately without saying another word to Draco. She was about to catch up with Blair until she felt a hand grab her arm, expecting it to be Draco.
    "I don't really want to talk to you, Malfoy." She said before seeing who had actually grabbed her.
    "Good thing I'm not Malfoy." Blaise Zabini now stood before her, giving her a half smile as she looked up at him. It had been months since they said anything to each other, neither of the wrote to each other over the summer holiday. "Can we talk?" He asked her.
    "Sure, we can." Juniper nodded her head slowly as she saw Draco leave the classroom, locking eyes with him. He looked disappointed that Blaise and Juniper were talking, hating the way that she would willingly converse with Blaise but not him.
    "H-how was your summer?" Blaise asked, unsure of how to start the conversation. Juniper sighed deeply.
    "I know you didn't ask to talk so we could discuss our summer holiday." She told him. "I know you were watching Draco help me with the potion."
    "I just wanted to know what's happening between you two." Blaise sighed to her.
    "Nothing, he's a Prefect and I'm a Prefect. He saw me struggling and helped, that's really it. We're not even friends." She told Blaise honestly. It was honesty, she and Draco weren't friends.
    "Okay, good. I mean, I just..." Blaise began to say, but Juniper cut him off.
    "You just wanted to make sure I wasn't Draco's latest fuck, I get it." She said causing Blaise to nod. "Even if I was, it isn't your business considering I was once your latest fuck. I appreciate the concern, but I'm fine, Blaise." She told him. She didn't mean to come off as rude, but she knew that how it sounded.
    "Are you going to the party tonight? Or are Prefects not allowed?" Blaise asked her.
    "I'm going, I plan on getting roaring fucking drunk." She said with a nod. "I'll see you later." Juniper walked away now, heading to the Great Hall to meet with Blair and some other friends. Tonight, Friday night, the sixth and seventh year Slytherins hosted a party in the Room of Requirement for all the houses of sixth and seventh year students to come to. It had been a tradition around Hogwarts for many years now and Juniper was quite excited that she was finally able to go.
    She decided to wear her green plaid Slytherin skirt and a black cropped shirt, showing off her skin a bit too much, but was glad that Blair was wearing relatively the same outfit. She put her loose curly hair into a ponytail, not applying anymore makeup than what she was already wearing. When she and Blair got to the Room of Requirement, they saw a bunch of people already drinking and dancing, music blasting in the room that made it feel like her body was vibrating with the bass. Juniper wasted no time getting alcohol, wanting to wipe away the stress of the past five days of being back at school. Wanting to wipe away the thoughts she had about Draco Malfoy. She danced in the middle of the room with other people, all of them crowded together, her cup of alcohol in one hand as she was drunk by now. Her thoughts rarely lingered on Draco or Blaise, the only thing she felt was the buzzing in her head that signified she was certainly drunk, that was until she felt a pair of hands grab her waist to turn her around, half expecting it to be Blaise Zabini, but was pleasantly surprised to see it was Draco Malfoy.