twenty four

Juniper stayed in that chair with her head on Draco's abdomen for the entire night, waking from her partial sleep when she felt a hand on her head, rubbing her hair lightly. She lifted her head up and saw Draco's eyes lightly opening, taking in the room around him and then looking at her. Juniper stood up quickly, her face was over his as she placed her hand on his cheek.
    "How are you feeling?" She asked quickly. Draco sat up, pulling Juniper's arm so she could sit on the bed facing him.
    "Honestly, I feel like shit." Draco told her, he let out a chuckle though until he saw Juniper looking down, moving her hand up to wipe her cheek to avoid the fact she was trying so desperately not to cry. "Hey, hey, hey," Draco cooed, pulling her into him, "It's alright, darling." He said rubbing her arm.
    "It's not bloody alright, Draco!" Juniper raised her voice and moved from his grasp. "You fucking terrified me! Dueling in the bathroom? Seriously?" She yelled, her voice echoed the hospital wing.
    "In my defense, Potter threw the first spell." Draco tried to reason with her, but her face was angry.
    "You do realize that if Snape didn't find you, you'd be dead right?" Juniper said coldly and quietly. "Dead, Draco, you'd be dead. And what then? What happens if you're gone?" She continued her anger.
    "Except I'm not dead!" Draco defended again. "Snape wouldn't let that happen." He told her, trying to calm her down, but her eyes were so angry. "Wow, I have never seen you this pissed before." He breathed out, a little afraid of how she'd react more to him.
    "Well, get used to it because I'm sure this won't be the last time in our lifetime that I'm pissed at you." Juniper crossed her arms, not realizing the small smile breaking onto Draco's face. "Dueling in the bloody bathroom," she shook her head, "why are you smiling?"
    "Our lifetime? You think we're going to be together that long?" He asked her, tilting his head a bit and she couldn't help but smile a bit.
    "Stop it, I'm trying to be angry with you." Juniper said looking away from him. "Who else would I run away with? I couldn't imagine doing that with anyone else." She said quietly, making Draco smile more as she rolled her eyes.
    "You totally love me and you know it." Draco teased her.
    "Depends if you love me." Juniper shrugged.
    "Oh, have I not said that yet?" Draco asked jokingly, making Juniper giggle as she shook her head. He opened his arms again for her to lean into and he leaned against the pillow on the bed. "I do love you. I'm sorry for scaring you." Draco told her quietly as footsteps came into the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey was accompanied by Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall, which surprised them.
    "I love you too." Juniper said quickly, not wanting to lose the opportunity to tell him.
    "Good to see you awake, Mr. Malfoy!" Madam Pomfrey said. "How are you feeling this morning?" She asked, coming over and grabbing his wrist for vitals.
    "Quite tired and a little sore, other than that I'm alright." Draco told her.
    "As to be expected," Madam Pomfrey nodded, "I'd recommend you stay here a bit longer and rest up, Professor Snape has excused you from your lessons for today." Madam Pomfrey told him.
    "I can't just rest in my room?" Draco asked.
    "Can't keep an eye on you in a dormitory now can I?" Madam Pomfrey confirmed he wasn't leaving. Draco sighed and reluctantly agreed.
    "Go on to class, Ms. Hartley, unlike Mr. Malfoy, you're not excused from your lessons." Snape told her coldly. Juniper sighed and looked at Draco who gave her small smile.
    "I'll come check up on you soon." She said as she stood off the bed, leaning down to place a kiss on his lips, feeling awkward that their professors were right there.
    "Take your time, I don't think I'll be going anywhere." Draco chuckled. She nodded and left the hospital wing to head the prefects bathroom before going to her first class of the day: charms.
When she entered into the classroom, she was greeted immediately by Hermione's eyes who locked with hers, gesturing for her to go and sit next to her. Blair watched as Juniper willingly went and sat next to Hermione Granger, part of her a little upset that it was happening.
"How's Malfoy this morning?" Hermione whispered.
"Awake and sore, but awake and alive." Juniper told her, Hermione gave a light smile and nodded in relief.
    "Good! I'm a little surprised you so willingly sat here." Hermione commented.
"Why wouldn't I? You've done nothing wrong." Juniper tilted her head as Flitwick droned on about their charms lesson for the day.
"Just that you're a Slytherin dating Draco Malfoy and Malfoy hates muggle-borns, I didn't think you'd want to be seen with me." Hermione shrugged. Juniper understood where she was coming from and wished she could prove that she didn't hold those same prejudices. She wondered if Draco still even held them as well, he'd never made comments about it to her.
"I don't think muggle-borns are any less," Juniper said quietly, "we all have magic in our blood, so what's the difference? Even Draco knows that, part of the reason he can't stand you is because you're a better witch than he is wizard." Juniper laughed a bit, causing Flitwick to give them a look to shut them up. "Point is, not every Slytherin believes in that shit." She finished her statement quickly to avoid getting in trouble from Flitwick. Hermione, who seemed entirely surprised, nodded her head and gave a bit of a smile, not saying another word until class was over.
"Do you want to get lunch? I feel strange asking that, but still, do you want to?" Hermione asked her. Juniper nodded her head and saw Blair waiting for her.
"I'll meet you at at the Gryffindor table, don't tell Harry, I want to freak him out a bit." Juniper giggled. Hermione nodded and walked off, leaving Juniper to go to Blair who looked less than pleased.
    "What are you doing?" Blair asked her.
    "What do you mean?" Juniper asked, knowing exactly what she meant.
    "Talking to Granger? Getting lunch at Gryffindor table? Not trying to switch houses are you?" Blair crossed her arms. Juniper sighed, knowing Blair might be trying to joke around but that she was also pissed.
    "She came to the hospital wing last night to apologize for Harry dueling with Draco. We talked and it was actually a good conversation." Juniper admitted. "She's really nice." She said slowly.
    "So you're off making friends with the golden trio now?" Blair was showing that she was a bit angry.
    "You act like that's a bad thing." Juniper scoffed. "You do know they haven't done anything bad to me right?" She asked.
    "And your boyfriend hates them." Blair rolled her eyes.
    "Since when do you care about Draco's opinions on people?" Juniper asked. "You know what, no, we're not arguing about this, Bee. If it was anyone else from Gryffindor or another house you wouldn't even be questioning me." She scolded a bit, feeling bad. "I'm going to go get lunch and then I have potions." Juniper began to walk off.
    "Can we talk after potions?" Blair asked her, making Juniper stop and turn to her.
    "Draco is in the hospital wing, Bee. After class I'm going there and then I will find you. Just try to let go of your anger because there's no reason for it. You know I love you." Juniper tried to reason with her before she went to the Great Hall to sit with three Gryffindors, sticking out incredibly as the only Slytherin at the Gryffindor table.