twenty nine

"Juniper!" She heard her name being called as Draco entered into their cottage with letters in his hand, her owl sitting outside on a perch ruffling his feathers. "Post is here, love. You've got a letter from your parents." Draco said slowly before handing her the letters. She noticed two of them in his hand.
    "Who's the second one from?" Juniper asked as she reached out to grab it.
    "It's from Blair." Draco said, she could hear the nervousness in his voice as even he knew that Juniper had barely spoken to Blair before they left the school, let alone writing to her during the months that they'd been gone.
    After Juniper and Draco left Hogwarts the night of Dumbledore's death, they apparated to several different places before finding the one. A run down cottage that was right on the edge of trees and a small lake near the front of it, decided that it would be there they'd stay and fix it with magic. It was difficult at first, they apparated to multiple locations before being able to go back until after Draco turned seventeen; if either of them had used their wands before that age, the Ministry of Magic would immediately know.
    So, they waited, moving from place to place until the fifth of June when Draco was officially of age to use magic outside of Hogwarts. They went back to their cottage in the middle of England and thus began the slow work of fixing it, which honestly wasn't as slow as it would've been if they couldn't use magic. Sure, only one person using the spells made the process slower, but within two to nearly three weeks they were done and just began living quietly. Juniper had yet to write to Hermione, wanting to give it a couple weeks before they put it in writing where they were in constant fear that they'd be found.
    "I didn't expect to hear from her." Juniper sighed as she opened the letter.

Juniper,
    I'll keep this letter to you short and to the point, but where the hell did you go? One moment you were at the school and the next your dormitory is completely empty and you're gone. No note. Nothing. I suspect you're with Malfoy as his dormitory was complete empty as well when I went there. I hope this gets to you and above all I do hope you're safe.
    I'm sorry that we haven't been on good terms and now that you're gone I feel even worse. I miss you, Juney. Please write back, I just need to know you're safe and okay.
                                                                      Yours truly,
                                                                                Bee W.

    After she read the letter, Juniper sighed again and set it down on the table next to her. How could she ever explain to Blair that her boyfriend was tasked with murder, didn't go through with it, so out of fear for his life they fled? That surely wasn't something you could just gather in a letter nor could Juniper tell Blair anything because that would mean Blair is unsafe then.
    "Are you alright?" Draco asked her hesitantly, he was leaning against the entry way to the small room they called their sun room because of the big windows allowing for the abundance of light. Juniper nodded her head and began to open the letter from her parents.
    "I'll write back and tell her we're safe and that she can't know where, but that she can write at any time. I have to write to Hermione today as well." Juniper said as she unfolded the letter from her parents. "Draco, your owl is back." She nodded toward the window as she saw another owl land on the perch, holding an envelope in its beak. Draco sighed as he knew the letter was from his own parents.

June,
    Where to begin... we were completely shocked by your letter. No words can put together how afraid we are for you. Are you truly safe? Do you have money? Food?
Your dad has read your letter over and over again trying to figure out who this boy is that you've gone off with, we both are. What did you get yourself into, June? All I can hope is that you are truly safe and that you're being smart.
Come home, June. We miss you and we're worried for you. Bring this boy with you, you'll both be safe here, I promise. Just come home.
Love,
Mum and dad