eleven

Three weeks had passed since Juniper and Draco last spoke to each other and since then they'd barely engaged in any conversation. Draco had spent a week and a half unable to look Juniper in the eye, Juniper had spent the week and a half wishing she would stop trying to make eye contact with him. It got even worse when Draco so stupidly decided to bury his feelings in Pansy Parkinson, just once within those three weeks, but of course karma ran its course and it ended terribly with Juniper finding out nearly immediately.
    "Hallway. Now." Juniper said through gritted teeth when she saw Draco leaving Pansy's dormitory, Pansy walked smugly by Juniper, giving her a smirk. Draco groaned loudly as he followed Juniper into the hallway. "Are you fucking joking?" Juniper yelled immediately as they exited the common room.
    "There's no reason to be so bloody pissed off." Draco said as he crossed his arms. His mood lately had been shit, for obvious reasons, but even when he wanted to be as sweet as he could with her, he was completely rude.
    "You are the most nauseating brute to walk this goddamn Earth, Draco Malfoy!" Juniper yelled again, she was pissed that he seemed to so easily forget about her and move back to Pansy, when in reality it wasn't over Juniper and was simply trying to move on.
    "It's not like anything is happening between us, so why are you so fucking pissed off?" Draco yelled back at her.
    "Just over a week ago you told me you had feelings for me and that you couldn't be with me and now I find you leaving her bed!" Juniper scolded him.
    "It isn't your business, Juniper, just fucking drop it!" Draco yelled louder now, causing Juniper to stop speaking and to go back into the common room. That was the last they spoke to each other for the rest of the two weeks.

    Juniper sat in the Great Hall doing her homework, attempting to get it done before the weekend so she could enjoy it as best as she could. She was interrupted though when someone sat next to her.
    "I'm glad you're here." She heard Blaise Zabini's voice next to her, making her look up from her work to him.
    "Why are you glad I'm here?" Juniper asked him.
    "I heard things between you and Malfoy went kind of...south." Blaise admitted. "I wanted to make sure you were okay." He tried to give her a small smile.
    "Oh, yeah, nothing's happening between me and him. I'm fine, thanks." Juniper lied, she wasn't fine, she was still pissed and sad. Blaise nodded his head and they sat there in silence for a moment.
    "I was hoping maybe we could be friends again?" Blaise questioned, hesitation in his voice, but Juniper saw the opportunity to distract herself from Draco, so she nodded her head.
    "I've got to finish homework, but I'll meet you in potions, save me a seat." She told him. Blaise nodded his head quickly as he stood up.
    "Yeah, alright, great. I'll see you then!" He said to her, his tone was excited but he was trying to suppress it. Juniper continued doing her homework while she felt a pair of eyes burning into her, making her look up slightly to see Draco staring at her. She immediately looked away and continued her work, finishing the homework quickly and then leaving to go to potions. She got there as other students were arriving and quickly walked over to Blaise before the seat could be taken. Draco walked in a couple minutes later, looking to where he usually sat and saw Juniper wasn't there, causing him to look around the room until he found Juniper sitting next to Blaise.
Anger immediately filled Draco as he saw Juniper laughing with Blaise Zabini. How was Blaise making her laugh? Why was she even sitting with him? Draco took his seat as he watched Juniper, seeing her laughing gave him mixed emotions. He enjoyed seeing her smile, her laughter was so wonderful to hear, but he hated that he wasn't the one making her laugh. Draco wanted so badly for Juniper to be laughing with him.
Draco could barely focus on Snape's potions lecture as he droned on and on about some sort of Shrinking Drought, he was too focused on watching Juniper, each time she'd look up at him he'd look away. Juniper was trying not to focus on Draco's constant staring. She wanted to be sitting next to him so badly, knowing that if things turned out differently, they'd be making fun of Snape and getting lectured by him, probably costing Slytherin some points or maybe earning detention with each other. As she laughed with Blaise, she couldn't help but feel bad as she felt nearly forced to laugh, trying to get it out of her when all she really wanted to do was tell him to shut it. As class came to an end, she made it a point to tell Blaise she would see him in the common room later, just wanting to be alone for the time being. She should've known better that Draco would follow her to talk with her.
"Juniper," she heard Draco hiss behind her as she walked through the corridors of the castle, "Juniper Hartley would you stop being so bloody stubborn and stop walking for one damn second!" Draco snapped at her. She stopped walking and didn't turn around, she waited for him to come up behind her, not wanting to look at him.
"What do you want?" Juniper asked, she turned her head so she could see him in her peripheral vision now.
"What are you doing with Zabini?" Draco asked her. Juniper could tell he was upset. Good. She thought. I hope he's fucking jealous. She felt bad for thinking these things, but it was true.
"We're friends. It isn't your business." Juniper said as she fully turned toward him now, crossing her arms over her chest. Draco scoffed, a laugh slightly echoed through the empty corridor they were in as he shook his head at her.
"It is my business, Juniper." Draco said with the laugh lingering in his tone. Juniper scrunched her nose a bit and rolled her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me." Draco demanded.
"And what are you going to do about it?" Juniper rolled her eyes again, enjoying that she was making him upset, but Draco was less than amused. He backed her up against the wall, one palm pressed against the wall next to her head and he leaned in close to her.
"I said not to roll your bloody eyes at me." He said slowly through gritted teeth. Part of her was slightly turned on by him being so demanding and dominant with her, the other part a bit scared, but also annoyed that he felt so possessive over her when they weren't anything.
"You don't control me." Juniper whispered back, not allowing him to have the satisfaction over her. She tried to move but the hand that wasn't against the wall pushed her lightly back against it, the hand traveled to her jawline, his rings were cold against her skin as his fingers glided along her neck. Draco's fingers lightly wrapped around her throat, the cold rings pressing her skin as he leaned his head down to kiss her lips. Juniper didn't hesitate to kiss him back, it felt as if she were underwater and kissing him was like coming up for air. His hand that was on her neck went to her waist, pulling her into him until he released her.
"You can't be with Zabini." Draco whispered to her, but she shook her head.
"I can't be with you, you've made that clear. Let me do what I want." Juniper said as she moved from the wall, she didn't want to be trapped by him anymore. She heard Draco sigh as she walked away, but didn't look back at him.
Draco was quite pissed with himself for just allowing her to walk away, angry that he didn't stop her, that he refused to tell her he takes back everything he said and that he could be with her. He was so convinced that he couldn't make her happy and so he decided to let her go. Right there, right now, he was done. That was the last time he'd kiss Juniper Hartley and the last time he would get in the way of her happiness, even if that happiness was with Blaise Zabini.