twenty seven

Mum and Dad,
By now you've probably heard the news of Professor Dumbledore's death and the news that it was Death Eaters who were there that night on the Astronomy Tower, witnessing the murder. By now you've probably expected me to come home like the rest of the school has done and I apologize greatly for not writing sooner nor informing either of you sooner that Christmas holiday would be the last time we'd all be seeing each other for a little while. See, I didn't realize at the time that I wouldn't be coming home again and that I'd instead be running.
You see, mum and dad, I know this sounds absurd and like I've lost my mind, but I swear to you both that I have never been more sane in my life. You see, before holiday I began seeing someone, someone who I probably shouldn't have gotten involved with and surely you'd say isn't a good person for me, but I think he is. I can't tell you now who this person is as knowledge is danger and ignorance is safety.
I hate keeping secrets from you both. I wish more than ever I could explain this in person to you at home. I wish I could tell you where I...where we are. I'm with him and yes, we are very much safe and very much hidden. In time I will tell you. I choose to think that one day you'll both be able to come visit me and our cottage. We're right by some mountains in the country, that's all I can say for now. Our cottage is a Tudor, mum! Just like the ones we used to see on trips and on books.
It's beautiful here and honestly I'm happy. I'm sad I can't share this happiness with you both and I hate more than ever that there's a war blocking the connection of our happiness, but if only you both knew him you'd understand why I have to be here. I love him. I know that being here with him is safer than it would be in our world at home. Even the muggles aren't safe.
Please, be so incredibly safe. I think about you both every single day and I'm terrified of the future. I try to remain optimistic and think that even though dark times lie ahead, there will always be something or someone to turn on a light. I hope that I will be able to reunite with you both after this war is over. Please don't worry about me, I can assure you that I'm safe and I'll continue writing to you as well. When you miss me, just look up at the stars and you can find me easily. I picture myself next to constellation Draco at the top of the sky, shining brightly down to you both as if we were watching the stars twinkle about together as a family.
Write back, my owl knows where to find me. I miss you both dearly and most of all I love you with my entire heart. Stay safe and well, trust very few and most importantly do not say His name, there's a trace that will lead him to you. I will see you when the war is over. I've included my nicknames for you both to know that it truly is me writing to you, I hope to hear from you soon.

I love you both,
June (for mum)
Berry (for dad)