No Liam just Payne

Louis's POV

Louis rang the doorbell and only a few seconds later the door opened.

Louis: "Hi."

Liam: "Is everything alright?"

Louis: "Man, do I look that bad? Please don't answer."

Liam stepped back and let Louis come inside.

Liam: "Sit down, I'm getting something to drink."

Louis did as Liam had told him to do and sad down, while Liam was getting two beers.

Louis: "I did something stupid."

Liam looked at him and felt a stapping pain in his chest, he had a feeling that he knew what Louis was about to say.

Liam: "Is it about Harry?"

Louis swallowed hard when he heard his name and felt the tears welling up in his eyes.

Louis: "Yes."

Louis took a deep breath and tried to blink the tears away, but he couldn't.

Louis: "I really fucked it up this time."

Liam got closed and pulled him into a hug. He gave Louis a little bit of time before asking another question. Once Liam felt like Louis was ready he pulled back and looked at him.

Liam: "What happened?"

Louis looked at the floor. Tears streaming down his cheeks.

Louis: "I told him that I want a break."

Liam: "Okay, but I have to ask, why did you tell him that? It doesn't seem like you want a break."

Louis wiped some tears off his face and played with his oversized hoodie, well Harry's hoodie.

Louis: "I ... I don't but ... I don't know, I just feel like I'm ... I'm losing myself and ... I thought that I need to figure this out on my own."

Liam looked at the crying man in front of him and got worried. He knew that Louis loved Harry and that he should have tried to deal with his issues with Harry but he couldn't just go back. Not right now.

Liam: "Did you tell him."

Louis nodded.

Louis: "I did, but it doesn't matter. Liam I ... I broke his heart ... again."

Louis broke down completely. Liam patted him on the shoulder not knowing how to comfort him.

Liam: "It will be alright."

Louis: "You don't know that! What if he never wants to speak to me again? What if he hates me? God! I'm such an idiot! I told myself that I wouldn't hurt him ever again, but I did. I'm not good for him. He deserves better than me."

Liam: "Louis stop!"

Louis looked up completely shocked.

Liam: "You know damn well that this man loves you more than anything. And you love him too. If you walk away from that you are really fucking stupid!"

Louis did not expect that from Liam and to see him like that scared him a bit.

Liam: "You should have tried to work it out with him. He would have deserved that but you can't change the past. So grow some balls, let some time past, work on yourself and fix things with Harry. I'm sick of the two of you not having your shit together because you are afraid of change."

Louis sat there in silence just think about everything Liam had said.

Louis: "Do you really think that he still loves me?"

Liam spoke again but really calm.

Liam: "Louis, this man your jump of a bridge if you'd ask him to."

Louis: "Yes he could have before but after everything, I put him through?"

Liam looked at him and had to smile.

Liam: "You yourself should know best that love doesn't just fade away when the person you love does."

Louis thought about it and smiled a little.

Louis: "You're right!"

Liam had a check smile on his lips.

Liam: "Of course I'm right. I always am."

Louis wiped the last tears from his check and punched Liam softly.

Louis: "You're a narcissist. ... Thank you."

Liam: "That's what friends are for, right."

Liam gave Louis another hug.

Liam: "So what are you gonna do now?"

Louis: "I think I'm gonna go home and try to sort out my life and thoughts and just try to get back on track."

Liam looked at Louis as if he was waiting for something else.

Louis: "What?"

Liam: "And what are you gonna do about Harry?"

Louis sighted.

Louis: "I'm not gonna call him today or tomorrow, but other than that I'm not sure what to do about it. I just wish I wouldn't have suggested a break. I guess I'll wait to contact him until my need for him is unbearable 

But I don't know."

Silence.

Louis: "God, I hope he takes me back. I don't know how I should live a life without him."

Liam: "You did it before and you would be able to do it again."

Louis: "I know but I really don't want to. Life is so much more fun with Harry in it. Why did I have to mess things up to realise that? I'm such an idiot."

Liam: "Yes you are, but you are his idiot and your stupidity is part of your charm."

Louis: "Oh fuck you, Liam."

Both of them laughed.

Louis: "I think I should leave now, thank you for listening."

Liam: "Always."

Louis: "Bye."

Liam: "Bye have a good one."

Louis left Liam and drove home.

After Louis had arrived at his house, he called Freddie talked to him about his day and got ready for bed. It might have only been 3 p.m. but Louis wanted this day to end. Just thinking of all the events mad his heart hurt and his stomach clench. So he went to sleep.