Healthy coping mechanism

a/n: All the lyric changes I made are marked with a star*

Louis's POV

Louis: "What are you doing here?"

Niall stood in front of Louis front door with a basket full of breakfast supplies in his hand.

Niall: "Liam told me that you had a rough time and I thought I would surprise you with breakfast. I know how much you like food."

Louis: "I think you got us mixed up. Food is the key to your heart, not mine. But come on in."

Niall went inside and went straight to the kitchen and started preparing lots of food. Louis just stood there and watched and it reminded him of Harry and their breakfast dates and of how much he missed him.

Louis: "Mate, why are you here?"

Niall: "I already told you."

Louis: "No seriously!"

Niall: "Liam said that you were feeling horrible about everything that happened and when nobody had heard from you for two days we got worried."

Louis interrupted hi.

Louis: "Who is "we"?"

Niall: "The lads."

Louis looked at him not able to face the question he wanted to ask so badly but Niall knew who he was asking about and answered his question.

Niall: "Yes, Harry too."

Louis's face lit up for a second before he remembered what he did to him.

Louis: "How is he?"

Niall looked at him for a second and started shaking his head.

Niall: "I'm not gonna tell you. If you want to know how he is, ring him. I'm sure he will answer."

Louis wanted to call Harry but he felt like it wasn't his place to do so. He broke his heart and it was not fair to just come back whenever Louis felt like it. Because of that Louis changed the subject quickly.

Louis: "Why did you bring all the food?"

Niall: "Well we all know that you undereat when you're sad but can't resist good homemade food so we decided to feed you. And before you ask Liam asked Harry what you like to eat, so yes he is in on it too."

Louis smiled the thought of Harry caring for him even after everything he did to him made him feel so special jet so shitty. He had this picture-perfect boy that loved him so much and he let it go to waste. His smile faded.

Niall served all of Louis favourite breakfast food and although everything was really good, Louis could only think about the fact that it tasted better when Harry made it. After they had finished breakfast, they cleaned the kitchen and sat down on the couch and turned the telly on. They were watching football when Niall started talking to Louis.

Niall: You want to talk about it?"

Louis: "Hmm?"

Niall raised his eyebrows and Louis rolled with his eyes in response.

Louis: "I ... I just don't know what to say. I fucked up. Like really fucked up and ... I just feel like Harry deserves better."

Niall looked at Louis challenging before he spoke.

Niall: "You are absolutely right. He deserves better, but the thing is that he is really dumb and he doesn't want anything better. He wants you."

Louis emotions were mixed. He wanted to punish Niall because he called Harry dumb, but he also wanted to hug him because he said that Harry wanted him. He couldn't decide what to do so he just sat there in silence.