Chapter 45

Alfonso was doing well since he moved back to our house. Not long after, he went back to work and had a lot of plans for our company. He was very enthusiastic, and excited on the plans that he had.

One night, Alfonso brought home a date. She was a German Filipina woman. She was younger than Alfonso and looked very pretty and her name is Katherine von Ruden. I choked up and tried to catch up from what Kat was talking about. Then she mentioned she's related to actress, Natalia dela Rosa. It turned out that she's Natalia Von Ruden's niece. Natalia was the actress I slept with in the 1950s. Who would have thought that her niece and my son would meet. I was coughing and Camila was tapping my back and said.

"Does it remind you of a friend, Pancho?" She said. I nodded along in agreement. Alfonso doesn't need to know that I had an affair with his girlfriend's aunt.

Things were getting serious between them but as time passed by, it turned out that Kat was just pretending to like Joaquin. In reality, she hates children especially a boy that is not hers. So Alfonso ended his relationship with her and lost hope that he will find a wife, and a mother for Quin.

Our daughter sounded quite different on the phone the last time Camila talked to her, Bela seemed like she was keeping something from us. So her mother and I visited her. She told us that she thinks that her husband is having an affair. Camila looked at me strangely. It's like Bela paid for my sins.

We gave her advice and told her that we will always be supportive of her no matter what her decision is.

"It's 1994 now Bela. You can leave him and raise your twins alone. We will always have your back. Always remember darling that you must consider yourself too, and not just for the sake of your girls." Camila said.

"Maybe you should talk to him about this, mi amor. Maybe he just screwed up, and still wants to make up with you." I said.

"You can feel it. If he's sincere and is willing to do everything to gain your trust again." Camila added. She was talking based on experience.

She cried and hugged us both. Camila can't help it but say that if Marco was alive this wouldn't even happen.

"Camila, she has two beautiful angels now. Don't bring up the past." I said. I understand that my wife feels that way, because Marco was a very sweet young man when he was alive. He was very respectful to us too. I can remember that day when I got a call from him. He was very nervous, and asked when can I meet me in person.

He was fidgeting the whole time and was mouthing out words when I was going down the stairs. Then he stood up as I approach him.

"Padrino? Can I ask you a favor?" He asked. I think I know what he wants to ask me. I always catch his eyes glued to Bela when they were younger.

"Anything mijo except for Bela. That's what I'm here for. Give you something that you can't ask your father." I replied jokingly. I saw him gulped and gets more nervous.

"Padrino." He said. Then paused, realizing that he must be more polite.

"Señor Fàbregas, Can I take your daughter as my date to our prom?" He finally said. Then I looked at him and smirked.

"What? Does your parents even know this, hijo?" I said. I was trying to mess with him and intimidate him as a joke. Enrique would kill me if he knew about this. Well that's fine, he gave my son the birds and the bees talk.

"uhh Yes padrino... Yes sir!" He said. Then I saw that his intentions are clean and I've known this boy since he was a baby so he's better as her date and her boyfriend than some random guy out there.

I wasn't responding, but I smiled at him and laughed on how he talks to me.

"All of a sudden you're formal! Just last week you spent a night in Charlie's room and just nodded at me when you saw me. Now you're calling me sir?" I said. Then I laughed. He let out an awkward laughter.

"Of course mijo. You have my blessing." I said. I called for Camila and let him ask her too.

"You should ask her yourself, Marco. If you ask me, I see no problem with that. Your parents are our best friends." She said, then Camila grabbed a framed photo of the four of us in Rome and showed it to him. He was amazed to see his parents that young.

"You look like your father but with the sweet eyes of your mother." Camila said. Bela just came home from a friends' house and was wondering what was Marco doing. Then he asked her out for a date then she said yes.

"Mijo, I appreciate that you asked me first before you ask my daughter out for prom. I believe that Rita taught you well. If your father taught you this idea, then that would be miraculous." I said. Then he laughed, knowing that I was messing up with his father.

The young love birds dated for prom until his death in that tragic F1 crash in Macau.

I hope that her husband, makes up with her. She loves him too, but not greater than her first love, Marco. Bela told us that she still visits his grave in his birthday and offer a prayer for her first love. Maybe if he hasn't died in that crash, they will end up together.