Chapter 5

Me: "Hey Eva. This is Lynn."

Eva: "Oh hey Lynn. I was wondering when you were going to text me."

Me: "Yeah sorry it took so long. I was with my family and my friend Hayden."

Eva: "Was she the one with you today?"

Me: "Yeah she was."

Me: "Who was with you?"

Eva: "Well I was with my dad, and my stepmom Melissa, my sister Kira, and my stepbrother Damian."

Me: "Oh nice. They all looked really sweet. Like a nice family."

Eva: "Yeah they are. What about your family?"

Me: "I have my dad, and then my twin brother and sister. My sister's name is Ryder and my brother's name is Porter. And then I've got my younger brother James."

Eva: "Wow. That's cool. I wish I had an older sibling."

Me: "Yeah. Most of the time it's nice. Especially now that we're older and they have a lot of good advice."

Eva: "Yeah that sounds nice."

Me: "So where are you from Eva?"

Eva: "I'm from New York."

Me: "Oh I love New York. We've gone a few times for tournaments and it's just amazing. What part?"

Eva: "I lived just outside of the city."

Me: "And how come you moved here?"

Eva: "Melissa got a job here."

Me: "Do you like it?"

Eva: "Well I do now."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Eva: "Well before I didn't have any friends. There wasn't anything that made me happy to be here."

Me: "I make you happy?"

Eva: "Potentially."

Me: "So, do you have a boyfriend in New York?"

Eva: "No. I had a girlfriend but we broke up about a month after we moved here."

Me: "So you're single. Interesting."

Eva: "Why is that interesting?"

Me: "No reason. Just information I can use in the future."

Eva: "Ok. Whatever you say."

Eva: "Look it's been really nice talking to you but I have to go now. I'll see you on Monday in class?"

Me: "For sure. Bye Eva."

Eva: "Bye Lynn."

I put my phone down and squealed. I can't believe I squealed. I've never squealed in my life. Then I decided to text my friends.

Me: "How do you guys feel about adding someone to the group?"

Kiley: "Depends on who we're talking about."

Me: "Her name is Eva. She's new to the school. She moved here from New York at the beginning of the summer and she doesn't know anyone."