Chapter 7

Later that night around 6:30

"James let's go!" I called up the stairs.

"Coming!" He called back.

"Are you guys grabbing some food?" My dad asked.

"Yeah. We're picking up Kiley and then grabbing some Jack in the Box." I replied.

"Here's some money. Keep the change. Nancy and I are going out to dinner so I won't be home when you get home." My dad handed me forty bucks.

"Ok. Thanks dad." I hugged him as James ran down the stairs. "I love you."

"I love you too." My dad replied.

"Do you have your mask?" I asked James.

"Yep."

"And your bible?"

"Yep."

"Ok go grab a chair and put it in the car."

"Ok. Bye dad." James ran into the garage.

"Bye dad." I followed him.

A few minutes later we picked up Kiley and then drove to Jack in the Box and went through the drive through.

"Welcome to Jack in the Box. Can I take your order?"

"Yeah hi. I would like two number 13's both with regular fries and root-beer, a double jack burger with no tomato and make that a meal as well with regular fries and a sprite. And then can we please get three small churros." I ordered.

The person repeated my order to me and then we went up to pay. At the next window they gave me our food and I thanked them before I drove away.

I gave everyone their food and we drove across the street to the church parking lot. We began to eat in the car as we talked.

20 minutes later we put our masks on, grabbed our chairs, and walked onto the grass where they hold youth group.

"Hey guys!" Rebekah, our youth pastor, and Kiley and I's leader said.

"Hey Bek!" I exclaimed.

"Hi Becky." Kiley waved at her.

"Let me take your temperature." Rebekah took the temperature gun and scanned all three of our foreheads. "You're all good. We can actually play sports today if you guys sanitize before and after."

"Ok. Thanks Bek." I smiled at her.

"Thanks Becky." Kiley and James said.

The three of us played pass with the Frisbee until James' friends came. Then it was just Kiley and I until some of the girls from our small group came. Then Eva came. I ran over and met her in the parking lot.

"Hey Eva! I'm glad you made it."

"Hi Lynn. Yeah I'm excited. A little nervous but mainly excited." She replied. We walked up to Rebekah.

"Eva, this is our high school pastor and our small group leader, Rebekah. Bek this is my friend Eva from school. Her family has been watching our services since they moved here back at the beginning of summer." I introduced them.

"It's nice to meet you Eva. Can I take your temperature?" Bek said.

"Yeah of course. It's nice to meet you too. Lynn has told me all about you guys so I'm really excited." Eva replied.

"Ok you're good to go. I'm excited to get to know you as well Eva. If you want to sanitize your hands you can play with some of the equipment we have. I'll see you in a bit."