Chapter 22

I saw my dad standing at the alter with our pastor from church. He was the one that introduce my dad and Nancy so they thought it would only be right to have him officiate the wedding.

First James and Ryder walked down the aisle. My sister towered over James so they looked pretty funny. Ryder was wearing a light blue dress to coordinate with the wedding colors. James was wearing the same color suit and a black tie.

I looked at Porter as I wrapped my arm through his. We smiled at each other before we made our way down the aisle behind our siblings. Both Porter and I were all wearing the same outfit as James.

Luckily my dad let me wear a suit instead of making me wear a dress like Ryder and Ella-Rose. I feel so powerful in it.

Next Conner and Ella-Rose walked down the aisle. They were walking down together because Conner was too afraid to do it himself. Which is actually really cute. Conner was wearing a matching suit to the boys and I except he was wearing a bowtie. And Ella-Rose was wearing a matching dress to my sister.

After Ella-Rose threw all of the flowers and they made it to the end of the aisle, the music for Nancy started. Everyone stood and looked to where Nancy and her dad were.

My dad smiled as he saw Nancy walking down. No doubt not as much as he did with my mom, but quite large. I'm really happy my dad found someone to be with even after he suffered such a great loss like losing the love of his life.

Once Nancy reached the alter her dad kissed her cheek and then went to sit down. The pastor began to speak.

After Nancy and my dad exchanged their vows, rings, and kissed it was time for the sand ceremony. They really wanted to do it to symbolize merging our two families. All eight of us had our own sand.

Porter and I grabbed the table and carefully brought it before everyone. We all grabbed our colors of sand.

My dad - White

Nancy - Black

Ryder - Yellow

Porter - Emerald Green

Mine - Caribbean Blue

James - Red

Ella-Rose - Bright Pink

Conner - Bright Orange

"On three we all pour it in." My dad told everyone.

"One, two, three." We all counted together.

We all poured our sand in at the same time and it made a beautiful mix. It really felt like it was the mixing of our families. It was really sweet.

After that Nancy and my dad walked down the aisle holding hands and everyone cheered and clapped.

They walked into the house to get changed. Well just Nancy is getting changed. My dad is just taking off his jacket. The fact that he lasted this long with pants and long sleeves is baffling.

After them Conner and I walked down the aisle holding hands. Then Porter and Ella-Rose. And finally Ryder and James. Then all of our family and friends got up and started talking.

Conner and I took off our jackets and I helped him roll up his sleeve and take off his bowtie. After we did that we walked outside behind our parents and grabbed our dinner. My dad and Nancy went first. Then us kids. Then everyone else at the wedding.

There was 8 tables set up with 5 seats at each. I went to sit down at a table and a few minutes later my girlfriend and friends joined me.

"You did great Lynn." Kiley told me.

"Yeah you did." Hadley agreed.

"That sand ceremony was so cute." Hayden said.

"And you look hot." Eva added.

"Thanks guys."

Everyone looked at my girlfriend.

"What? She's my girlfriend. I'm allowed to say that she's hot."

"Ok fair point."

We all talked as we ate for a while before Porter gave a short speech just basically welcoming Nancy and the kids to the family. After that Nancy and my dad had their first dance.

When it was over we all got to go to the dance floor. I grabbed Eva's hand and brought her over to dance with me. First it was a few upbeat songs we danced with everyone. But when the first slow song came on we all paired off.

I was obviously with Eva. Porter was dancing with Ollie. Ryder with Mickey, Hayden with Conner, Kiley with Mike, Hadley with Ben, Kira was with Damian, James with Pen, and Emmy was with my uncle Matt.

Everyone was having a lot of fun.

As the song started I put my hands low on Eva's back. Her hands were wrapped around my shoulders. There was only about two inches of space between us. We slowly swayed to the music as Eva eventually rested her head on my shoulder.

When the song ended it was time to cut the cake. Nancy and my dad did it together to reveal 8 small layers with the same colors as the sand we each had. It was beautiful.

We all grabbed a slice of the cake and went back to our table to eat it. It was delicious. White cake, then chocolate, lemon, lime, blueberry, red velvet, strawberry, and orange. But there was vanilla frosting between each layer so we didn't have to eat them all together.

After I finished my slice of cake I walked over to my dad and Nancy along with my brother and sister. They were about to leave on their weekend long honeymoon.

"Are you sure you guys can handle the kids? I can always have them stay with my sister." Nancy asked, worried.

"We'll be fine Nancy. We have 3 adults in the house, and Lynn who'll be an adult soon enough and James who we know is very mature." Ryder told her.

She looked at the rest of us who had confident faces.

"Yeah we'll be fine." Porter added.

"Don't worry honey. They're responsible. And the kids aren't babies anymore. They will be fine." My dad said.

"Ok. I'm going to go say goodbye to everyone." Nancy told my dad.

"Ok."

He hugged us all before they left. We stayed at the party for another half hour or so as everyone left.

We had a few cars so I drove Eva and Ella-Rose home.

Thanks for reading.

- M.W.