Why me?

Seokjins pov

His sweet smile always fascinated me till the date..but now?it is terrifying me! What kind of cruel joke is this he is trying to play on my bloody life? How can he be so casual about something that can bring the gravest consequences to my life? Am I a toy that he can play with for an year in the way he wants and later throw away if he doesn't need it any more? As soon as I started reading the marriage contract, my heart was broken into million pieces...

I looked into his eyes with a hope that he surprises me saying that it was a joke! but his serious face tells me, it is not a joke! By the way, we are not the good old friends to simply joke or prank  eachother like this! Before I could swallow the painful lump in my throat, he reveals the bitter reasons as why he accepted for this marriage... that breaks  my heart into one more million pieces...

I was shocked  that Jungkook agreed to marry me, just to make his father happy, otherwise he has no interest in me!
Love is a distant emotion, he doesn't even like me!
Although he doesn't reveal the real idea, he thinks of me as a cheap gold digger! That's why he came up with such a contract just to prevent me from accessing his wealth... Do I look so cheap to him?? How can he forget that his father came all the way to my home for this proposal? Why didn't Jungkook get things clarified with me on a before hand when he doubts me in this way??  Why couldn't he declare it to his father that he doesn't want to marry me, by not bringing the situation till here?

What a hypocrite! He doesn't want his father to feel bad about him, but can put my life at stake! He thinks my life as  unworthy to be spared from this entire misery he is creating for me!! Am not that worthy to discuss his opinion? Why me have to face all this nonsense and unwanted pain?  How can Jungkook be so judgemental like this! Isn't he a foolish son to a noble father like mr.jeon?

My tongue is now frozen.. I  stood just like a rock not being able to talk anything for the past five minutes...

"Jin...I need your signature" he insisted...

But Mr.Jeon, w..why..haven't you discussed with me about this c.. contract  before?? I stuttered.. my voice has been stuck in my undisplayed cry..

"What will you do if I discuss? Will you cancel the marriage?" His sarcasm created a deep cut in my heart..so he thinks I am so greedy that I would not cancel the marriage for his wealth...

"Do you think I am marrying you for just your wealth?" I blurted out

" May be to a large extent.." he answered coolly!

"Don't you believe that your father would never choose such a gold digger for you?" My heart is aching... I recalled all the kind words of Mr.Jeon he spoke to me and my family...but Jungkook is unbelievable!

"He is a human too Jin...he can't assess everyone and everything well.. he could be right at times but may go wrong too.. who knows?" He clicked his tongue igniting fumes in my heart...

"So you think I am not suitable to you?" I wanted to confirm for one last time .

" Yes.. you are not of my type..."

" In what?"

" In everything Jin, you just have looks.. but you cannot adjust in elite society like ours ..you don't fit in my circle..so stop arguing with me now and sign it.."

"You money doesn't make you elite Mr Jungkook.. your manners and motifs do.. anyway, now I am sure that you will try to find only faults in me to get rid of me after one year.. isn't that what your plan is?"

"Not really..."
"Huh" I broke into a painful grin for his lie and asked to confirm his next step,

"What if I don't sign?"

"I have my own ways... But you see... This question tells me that you want to marry me .. doesn't it prove that I am right about you?? "he smirk again is filled with sarcasm and unbearable confidence..

My tears swell up suddenly! All my dreams about my marriage and married life turned upside down in a minute with this conversation with Jungkook! I sighed deeply to control my emotions and pain.. wiped my tears and took a minute to compose myself to be able to stand and talk to him with adequate clarity... Picked my mental wits, decided not to cry and prevent him from taking leniency with me... probably my work experience is helping me to deal with this situation... I cursed myself to think like this...

Suddenly Seokjun entered the room with red fuming eyes... He glared at Jungkook as if he would kill him in next minute.. Jungkook and I realized that he heard everything...

"Mr. Jeon Jungkook! How dare you to come up with such stupid contract to my brother?  please be aware of the matter that it is your father who asked for my brother's hand for you, believing that he is worthy enough to become your husband and his son in law, I mean, a part of your family! But your notions appear to be completely opposite to his ones about Jin! I find no point in continuing the thought of hoping a happy married life with you of him!  However, I believe in talking to your father Mr.Jeon about this contract and get a suggestion before making any decision...your father is not only my Jin's employer but a parental figure to him... Jin accepted to this marriage proposal without knowing anything about you just because of the huge respect he holds for him... don't think him as weak in self esteem..."

"Hyung.." he showed his palm to me to not interfere in his talk with Jungkook...

"Anyway, I am sure that your father hasn't have any idea about this contract or about the thoughts behind drafting such document. This document is an evidence that you think of our Jin as a cheap gold digger... therefore, our family do not wish to give him to you .. However, I am well aware of the fact that your father loves jin as almost his own child and would surely respect our decision of calling off the event too as per the need... I have to tell you another thing here that Mr. Jeon believed so much in you that he showed us a great picture of your kind and good personality! He also assured us that you would never think of Jin like a greedy person for wealth... We believed his words so much!  but you..?  You betrayed  our trust... Not only ours but also your father's...good that you showed your true colours now itself... anyway, it is never late Mr.Jungkook!  let's go and talk to your father and with his guidance we can make a wise decision immediately..."

My brother didn't breath before completing to say what he wanted to say..and half hugged me to console the crying mess of myself.. he caressed my back for a minute.. that gave me a lot of moral support.. the we looked  Jungkook for his response over talking to his father...