Prankster

"Even if it kills me, I will make sure you are both set free. Just trust me." – Twenty Fifth Baam

~~~

It has been around a day or two since the dinner at Ichiraku's. They haven't talk about ever since. It was almost like the conversation never actually happened.

Come on... Naruto thought as he moved through the forest. He was trying to see if the words in the book, "The Tale of a Gutsy Ninja" were actually true. If he were to polish his basic skill, would he improve?

Would the peak of his abilities be boosted to an even greater length?

For the past year or so, Naruto has been having trouble getting stronger. It was like he was nearing his limit of improving. And Naruto didn't like the thought of being stumped at one spot for all eternity.

The thought just made him shiver.

As of right now, he's just been trying to further his stealth capabilities to a further extent. This is due to his lack of stealth missions as of late. The last time he actually went on a stealth mission was on the Kiri mission.

And... that ended up well?

He did manage to put the Mizukage at a critical state. But he's sure she got the treatment she needed to recover. As sweat poured down from Naruto's head, he moved on to a different category.

Flexibility and taijutsu. Contrary to popular belief, taijutsu is what he most uses and is most proficient in. Some may disagree and say ninjutsu is his most proficient skill, but you can't dispute it when it's a fact and not an opinion.

Naruto twisted and turned his body as he made his way through the branches. This oddly felt...

Fun.

It was something that he never paid attention to before. Naruto looped over a huge tree branch. His eyes looked back towards his branch as he tried and kick the tree with an enforced chakra kick.

He failed.

Naruto landed back on the ground. He looked up from his position and his eyes gazed the tree lightly. A light smirk graced his lips as his eyes shined with delight.

Looks like I have something to work on. If Naruto can at least crack the branch, it would imply that he's growing in abilities. His room for growth has cleared a path that used to be a path full of darkness.

With lots of motivation, Naruto channeled his feet with chakra and lunged himself towards the same tree. He panted as did the same move and jumped towards the thick branch.

He looped around the branch. Naruto looked back towards the branch. He swung his leg with a hint of chakra enforced with the kick.

He missed.

No. It was only for a second, but I the tip of my toes barely managed to touch the branch. Naruto thought as he fell back down towards the ground. What was he doing wrong, though?

Was his form wrong?

Was his flexibility lacking?