Reveal

Arc: A Hawk's Nest... (4)

~~~

Naruto was currently jumping through the trees. It was still dark. He still had a bit more time before the first mission of Team 7. But he had to hurry and find out who the traitor was.

There's no way he's slack on and let go of the traitor just because his birthday was near.

The main suspect; the leader of ROOT. Naruto thought. His main suspect was ROOT and its leader. They seem to be working in the shadows and not in broad daylight.

Even though the stunt they pulled earlier in the morning was everything but that. The leader is definitely not Tsunade. She was practically begging on her knees for him to join the village again.

The leader is someone that has a lot of authority and power. But who has that much authority? Naruto thought as he finally arrived near the center of the village.

He stood on a tree as he saw lights and laughter throughout the village. With one last breath — Naruto jumped down from his tree and onto the ground. His eyes traveled towards the nearest building.

His body gravitated towards the left building — which was the closer between his left and right. Naruto channeled chakra to his feet and jumped to the side of the house.

He ran up the sides and appeared on the rooftop. His eyes traveled along Konoha. His gazing stopped as he shook his head. There was no time getting distracted. Naruto jumped off of each rooftop.

The first stop: Hokage Tower. Naruto thought. He was going to do what he's good at doing.

Snooping around when it's none of his business. But the only difference is: it is his business. If he stopped the traitor — he pretty much would shorten the length of him having to stay in Konoha.

As Naruto made his one final jump, he disappeared in a swirl of leaves. Naruto appeared on top of the Hokage Tower. If you were to look from the bottom to the top — you would absolutely only see a pair of azure eyes looking down on Konoha.

Naruto backed up a few inches and fell of the tower. Normally, this would cause someone a heart attack. But it was all going towards Naruto's plan. He twisted his body so he could face the ground.

Naruto saw a think and long pole right next to him as he fell down. Naruto outstretched his hand towards it and grabbed it. He immediately swung his legs up and stuck it on the pole.

Phew! That almost didn't go through my plan. Naruto thought as sneakily walked along the tower. The last time he tried doing this was when he infiltrated Konoha to find out who his parents were.

And you know how that went.

It went pretty good. Naruto thought. The only problem was that he had to fight Sasuki. Quite a painful experience if Naruto could tell you. Naruto stopped walking. He looked at the walls of the tower.

This should be where the files are again. They wouldn't think of moving it. Wouldn't they? Naruto thought as he disappeared in a swirl of leaves. He appeared in a dark and dull room. Naruto looked around with barely any light around him.