Fate? There's no such thing

Arc: Rematch. . . (1)

~~~

It was the early morning the day after the festival.

Hmm? What's this? Naruto thought as he felt something within his grasp. Naruto touched it. He heard someone make a sound beside him. He tiredly questioned himself.

It's quite bouncy, too. It has a good texture along with it, too. Naruto thought as he had his eyes closed. He was conscious as he continued to touch the enigmatic thing that was in his hands.

Naruto slowly opened his eyes and saw that he wasn't sleeping on the couch anymore. His hand was on the nice soft mattress of Sasuki's bed.

Wow! This much better than sleeping on a damn couch! Naruto thought. His eyes traveled right under him. There was Sasuki snuggled into Naruto's chest. A small smirk appeared on his face.

Hah! I knew she just couldn't get enough of me. I'm just that good, huh? Naruto thought as he eyed Sasuki. The last time Naruto felt this. . . happy — was when he left the village and became a rogue-nin. Quite an odd comparison, but it was true.

He was finally free from the shackles known as: Konoha — when he decided to become to go rogue. Naruto sighed as he tried making his move to leave the bed; he had a team to train.

But he soon widened his eyes as he felt Sasuki pin him down while being asleep.

"Don't go. . . stay for. . . a bit more. . . Naruto." Sasuki slurred as she held Naruto tighter. Naruto just shook his head. This is most probably  a bad idea considering his team is expecting him to show up soon,

"I guess. . . I'll stay for just a few more minutes. Just for you." Naruto said as he too held her tighter.

~~~

"You're late! Sensei!" Jun yelled towards Naruto while he was just entering the training grounds. Naruto just held a sheepish grin on his face as he walked towards them.

"Sorry, just got lost in the road of life." Naruto told them as he rubbed the back of his head. The 3 had a dead-panned expression on their faces. 

"Liar!" Jun claimed. Naruto just chuckled at that. "Did you 3 do anything while I was not here?" Asked Naruto. He got nods from all 3. "We just did our own training. Other than that, we were just waiting." Answered Runa.

Naruto nodded once he heard this.

"Good. There are times where I will not be here. Be it on me being late or on a mission. So, at times like this for instance, you have to improvise." Naruto told them

"Yes, sensei!" They yelled in unison. Naruto smiled at this. "Ok, go continue your water-walking exercise. When you finish go to me." Naruto told them as he pointed towards the pond that were so familiar to them.

The 3 nodded and did what they were instructed to do. Naruto looked at them as they walked away from him and towards the pond. He nodded to himself and sat down.

Their team synergy is quite good. They can argue at times — but it works out in the end of the day. Naruto thought happily as he closed his eyes. His breathing turned slow and steady. He was now slowly entering a tranquil state.