Sight to See

Arc: Eternal (0.5)

~~~

Naruto sighed as he walked through the piles of unconscious bodies on the floor. He grimaced at the sight.

My clones did some hefty damage. Naruto thought as he walked out and appeared from the narrow corridors. He jumped up from the hole and to the surface area.

"I must say — you're quite the coward hiding for so long." Naruto said as he stood still on the surface ground.

"I must evaluate your strength. I wouldn't want to fail." Naruto turned around and saw another one of those ROOT ANBU that were initially after him at the beginning.

"Who are you taking orders from?" Asked Naruto.

The man just stayed silent. It seemed the man wasn't planning to say anything of useful info. They both stood still. In just a split moment, they both clashed with their fists.

He seems strong. Naruto thought. This ROOT ANBU was definitely not of the same caliber of the ones he just took down. Naruto dodged a kick aimed for him.

Naruto threw a punch towards the man's gut. But just before that, the man jumped back. Naruto also jumped back to create space. They haven't showed their full power.

Naruto scanned the area.

I don't want to ruin this place. Naruto thought as he turned around and jumped away. As he jumped away, Naruto saw the ROOT ANBU follow him with no hesitation.

"Are you that scared that you're running away from me?" Naruto dodged a few shuriken that was thrown at him. Naruto saw a broken stone wall.

He looked back and saw the distance between him and the ROOT ANBU.

The distance is enough. I think. Naruto looked back towards the stone wall. He jumped off of the wall. He unsheathed his katana and aimed it towards the ROOT ANBU.

Just before Naruto could hit him, he felt someone grip his back. A smirk appeared on Naruto's lips. A shadow clone of the ROOT ANBU was holding him in place.

"You have underestimated me." Naruto said as a clone appeared right next to him. The said clone took the katana that Naruto was holding and thrusted it into the man's arm.

His arm is unusable now. Naruto thought as his clone dispersed into a cloud of white smoke. He walked up and picked up his katana. He inspected the katana.

He swung his katana a few times to get rid of the blood that the katana had. Naruto looked back. He raised an eyebrow.

No one was there.

He couldn't sense the man either. It was either that the man is incredibly talented at hiding his chakra signature — or just ran away and managed to get off of his sensory radius.

This is better for me. I don't know if my eyes can take another fight without getting seriously damaged. Naruto thought as he walked away and towards the waters once more.

~~~

Arc: Eternal... (over)