Rex

(S/n)- sith name

I could still feel it, even though it had been over twenty years I could still feel the same pain as I felt when Sidious and Vader had told me he was gone. I could still feel the emptiness that he once filled.

"Darth (S/n), you are needed on Yavin." Sidious said calmly.

I nodded my head and turned and walked away, leaving my brother to deal with Sidious. I made it to my ship and quickly left for the planet. When I landed I saw the rebels fighting against stormtroopers. I let out a sigh and pulled my saber out. I took a few of them out before I heard a voice say my name.

"(Y/n)?" A gentle voice asked softly.

I turned around and my eyes went wide as I spotted an older man with a white beard. At first glance I didn't know him, but when I met his eyes... I knew right then and there who he was.

"Rex?" I asked softly.

"It's really you.... I thought you died during the purge." He said as he looked at me sadly.

"No, you're dead.... you died in the crash... I... I felt you die." I said as I backed away from him.

"I didn't die, it's me.... come on (Y/n).... come back to me." He whispered softly.

I heard an explosion and looked up to see the Death Star gone. I dropped my lightsaber and let out a gasp.

"Ani." I whispered softly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and covered my mouth as a sob broke free from my lips. Rex pulled me to his chest and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." He whispered as he held me to his chest.

After awhile I calmed down and looked up into his eyes.

"It's really you." I whispered as I touched his cheek.

"It is... it's me." He said softly.

I felt something I hadn't felt in years, a feeling I thought I would never feel again.... I felt love. I quickly pulled him into another hug and let out a sob.

"I missed you so much." I whispered into his chest.

He kissed the top of my head and pulled me closer.

"I missed you more." He said as he held back a sob of his own.