45. Willow's Party

SÓLMÁNUÐUR DAY OF TYR

Thunder rumbled outside and the heavy shower had not ceased since the moment I woke up. It was not that long the last time it rained. The Sun Month had begun and many were expecting a drought during this season but there had been a downpour since early morning.

The unpleasant weather made the sky darker with each passing minute which matched Cindra's obscurity after I narrated the events last night.

"That sick bastard should rot in hell," she seethed. "I thought my disappointment in him will not stoop low anymore but he managed to get lower with his atrocious acts. Maybe even the devil himself will not accept him in hell. Just how---"

"By the by, how is Sullien, Cindra?" I inserted before she had a sequence of grievances.

"He is slowly getting well but he was not able to awaken in the meantime."

"Is it bad?" My voice hid a slight tremble after what she said. Sullien and I didn't meet that often but when we did, he was extremely helpful to me. I cleared my throat, easing myself to ignore the guilt crawling to my heart.

"No. It is quite normal when he exhausts his powers. My son belonged to one of the special Amicas, along with Reichen, where their abilities are considered both limited and restricted. Though not as rare as you with two magic, and, to top it off you both have limited and restricted. For them, it is a combination where magic affects themselves and their surroundings but they can get drained faster than an average Amica."

I refilled her cup as she explained while I pondered over the new information.

"Does that mean they don't need to awaken to use their magic unlike all the restricted types are?"

"No. They had to awaken maximize the potential of their magic and could leave lasting effects like the restricted type by using a medium but they also enjoy the benefits of limited types where they can use an ability without awakening. The main difference for them is the application of magic. Let's say, I can do portals for me and others but I could never go to another place without a door while Sullien can move his body in space and can also move objects and people along with him."

My head inclined. "You said Reichen is the same but I only saw him controlling his weapons and puppets, what is his limit ability then?"

"You can ask the man yourself," replied Cindra, her eyes directing behind me.

I turned and saw Reichen exiting his room. Seriously. He had the lightest steps I had known.

"Good morning," I greeted.

"Morning. Sorry, I slept late and didn't notice the time. Have you eaten?"

"It's fine. I prepared breakfast and left some tea for you."

He tousled his black hair that curled up from the humid weather. "Thanks. I'll cook lunch later. Did Night come back?"

"Yes. He's asleep," I answered and frowned when he casually walked to the dining area. "Aren't you going to greet Cindra?"

"She's a house guest that had been coming unsolicited several times so why bother doing a formal greeting for her at this point?" he countered.

I bit back a sigh. He just woke up but he was already on his quest to irk Cindra. I glanced back at Cindra who didn't retaliate and was looking weirdly at us instead.

"Cindra?"

She cleared her throat. "As I was saying you can ask that brat."

"Ask me what?"