1995

"Too bad you wasted that on soundcheck, that was the tightest you've ever played

"Too bad you wasted that on soundcheck, that was the tightest you've ever played." Bobby said as we finished our last run of soundcheck. 

"It sucks you can't play tonight." I said to him. 

"Yeah well, it's only a matter of time." Bobby hadn't played with us in over a year due to the fact that his parents didn't want him being in a band. He was there for us when he could be and considering tonight was gonna be the show that kickstarted our career, he wouldn't miss it.

"Just wait until tonight when this place gets packed with record execs." Luke said looking out into the empty venue. There were currently only crew and people who worked here currently, but just imagining it filled with fans and record execs. There isn't a person or band that's played here that didn't make it to the big leagues. 

"Alex, you were smoking." Reggie said as Alex stepped down from the platform that his drums were on. Alex was always absolutely incredible, it made playing with him so easy.

"No, nah, I was just warming up. You guys were the ones on fire." Alex said. Yet he was so modest about it. 

"Could you just own your awesomness for once?" Reggie asked, a smile on his face.

"Seriously, Alex, you were amazing." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Alright, I was killing it." Alex finally said, and I laughed stepping away to grab a water bottle and take a sip.

I heard something about street dogs and before I knew it all of the boys were on their way to talk to the gorgeous girl wiping the bar down. I knew I'd better not interrupt their bad attempts at hitting on her and sit down on the edge of the stage. 

Once they were finished, Alex, Reggie, and Luke started making their way to the side doors. I stood up and walked towards them, "Where are you guys going?"

"Street dogs, wanna come?" Reggie said. 

"You know I can't eat before a show." I smiled a little.

"We'll get more after." Luke promised.

"Sounds like a plan." I nodded.

Luke leaned in and kissed my cheek, "See you on the flip side." We both said at the same time. 

I smiled as we linked pinkies and then he and the boys walked out of the side door to go get street dogs. I could tell Bobby was miserably failing as I found him walking back to the dressing room backstage alone. 

"You have an incredible voice." The girl said. She was absolutely gorgeous, her hair was brown and curly, her eyes were soft, her bone structure was incredible and she had the sweetest accent.

"Thank you," I smiled and made my way towards her. I couldn't help but laugh noticing the Sunset Curve shirt slung over her shoulder. "I'm Jade Devyn Taylor."