edge of not so great

Luke and I sat in the sand for about another hour just soaking in each other's presence

Luke and I sat in the sand for about another hour just soaking in each other's presence. I don't think I had ever felt more complete in my life. Things felt so perfect between us, I could tell that for both of us it felt like these massive overloads of hidden emotions had been taken off our chests. 

"We should probably get back." Luke said and I nodded noticing that the tide was slowly making its way towards us. 

"Agreed." 

Luke and I took our time walking back to the Molina residence our hands link together, swinging back and forth, "So, I actually thought we could probably talk about that night in '94." 

"Oh you mean the night we- you know? Why?" I felt my cheeks heat up from the slight embarrassment that the night had even happened, for the most part, I really didn't know why or how it happened, it just did. 

"Um, I don't know. We kind of brushed it under the rug and acted as if it never happened. Maybe we should talk about it." Luke shrugged his shoulders, releasing my hand and putting his arm around my shoulders. 

He pulled me into his side and I appreciated the warmth from his body, "We both agreed to do that. What do you want to talk about?" 

"I don't really know. I know we both meant what we were doing. I know the exact moment you realized your feelings for me. We don't have to talk about it." Luke said, attempting to rub warmth into my body with his hand. 

"I did mean what we did that night. I thought this entire time you never really had feelings for me. I never thought you could. It was silly, honestly." I laughed lightly. 

We stopped at the end of Julie's driveway and saw Reggie and Alex playing a one on one game of basketball with each other, "I always loved you, Jay. I just wanted you to be ready to admit that you loved me too. I wanted you to tell me in your own time." Luke cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead, "I know that Zach kind of messed things up for you so I didn't want to rush things."

"Thank you," I closed my eyes as I felt his lips against my skin and then pulled him into a hug. I could feel Alex and Reggie's eyes on us so I pulled away from Luke and walked up the driveway to hug Alex and Reggie. "I love you guys. So much." 

"Aww." Reggie said as he wrapped his arms around me, "I love you too, Jay Dee." 

"Love you most." Alex said, releasing a happy breath, "I'm assuming things went well at the beach then?" 

"They went great actually." Luke smiled, joining the group hug, "I love you guys." 

Once we separated from each other I picked up the basketball, dribbling it for a second and then shooting it into the net, "Kobe."

"What does that even mean?" Reggie asked.

"I don't know, Julie taught me." I shrugged catching the rebound and passing it to Reggie.