you and i

/ this chapter is a flash back/

"You know we can talk about what happened right?" Luke said to me.

"I really think we maybe shouldn't. What if the guys find out, it'll make things weird." I said, closing my journal.

"I mean they think we like each other anyways, what's the big deal? It happened, we don't have to pretend it didn't." Luke took the pen from my hand and looked down at the tattoo on my arm. He pointed his finger at it and then looked up at me, "This tattoo means that what happens between us, stays between us. Nothing changes that."

"They think we like each other?" I asked.

"Yeah, everyone does." 

"Well we did the deed, so we obviously like each other right?" I laughed nervously, pulling my journal to my chest.

"It just kind of happened. It doesn't have to mean anything." He leaned back in his chair and opened his own journal looking down at it. He usually did this when he didn't want to talk about something. He hid in his journal and pretended he was working to avoid a conversation.

"Right, uh... yeah. Makes sense." I looked down at my journal and crossed my legs before opening it again. I could feel his eyes on me, but I avoided them at all costs. 

I could tell we'd probably never have this conversation again so I just left it. It never failed to amaze me that boys could be so stupid. How was Luke so oblivious to see that I did like him. I literally gave my whole v-card to him, but fine. Whatever. Maybe he did know, and he just didn't like me back so he was trying to spare my feelings. 

But obviously the feeling had to have been mutual considering I know for a fact that it was also his first time.

Then again, something like that is different for guys than it is for girls. I overthink everything so it is what it is. It happened and it's over with, so there's nothing to do except pretend it didn't happen.

"Hey, we got a gig this weekend." Reggie and Alex came into the studio. "This gig could decide if we headline The Orpheum."

"We've been writing some new songs, I think we could put together a rad setlist." Luke said sitting up.

"Well, they're allowing us three songs max, so make sure they're amazing." Alex said. 

"Okay then, pick up your instruments and lets get a move on rehearsing yeah?" I stood up and set my journal up on the table. "This one is called 'Now or Never'."

Luke and I played through the song so the guys would have a sense of how it went. We played through it a few times, each time one of us joining in with our instruments and adjusting things to make the song sound better. 

"It sounds sick, I think we should start with it." Alex said.

"Agreed. We have a few others and then of course the classics 'Late Last Night' the others we could choose from." I said as I twisted the knobs to tune my guitar.