spectacular

/ this chapter is a flashback /

"Dude, things are finally starting to come together for us. It's only a matter of time until we're at The Orpheum and then arenas and then stadiums." Luke said as we lay on the beach. 

"I know right. Girls are finally starting to notice me." Reggie said next to me and I snickered. 

"Yeah, well guys still don't care about me." I said to them.

"Um, the only guys that should be caring about you is us." Alex sat up on the other side of Luke and looked at me. 

"Okay, dad." I laughed at his overprotectiveness and stared up at the sky. There was no hint of stars in the gloomy night sky, but I could see the full moon peeking from behind the clouds. It casted a nice glow onto the beach we were laying on. It wouldn't be long until the high tide completely covered the beach, but we liked to lay out here as long as we could. 

"Guys, this is all starting to feel real. We're really gonna make it. I just know we are." Luke took my hand in his and gave it a squeeze before resting it on his chest. I smiled and took Reggie's hand in mine lacing our fingers together. 

"Not long now til we're out of my garage, now." I turned my head to look at Luke. 

"You know we'll always love your garage and your mom's cooking." Reggie said and I turned to look at him. 

"I'm sure the garage will miss us dearly when we're off on world tours." I sat up and looked at the waves crashing into the shore. It was crazy to think that beyond this shoreline was the rest of the world. There was so much more to Earth than Los Angeles and it was only a matter of time before we were being thrown into it on massive tours. 

"What time is it?" Alex asked. 

"Almost midnight." I replied after looking down at my watch. 

"Reg, we gotta go. We told your mom we'd be back by midnight." Alex said. Reggie sighed and stood up brushing the sand off of his jeans. 

"See you at practice." Alex said. He and Luke did their little bro handshake and he leaned down to plop a kiss on the top of my head. Reggie did the same and he and Alex were off. Alex had just come out to his parents as gay so they were still in denial and things hadn't been great for him at home. He was spending a lot of time between our houses and spending the night. I hoped for him that his parents would learn to accept him for him, but things were looking so rough right now. 

"What time do you have to go home?" I asked looking at Luke who was still laying down in the sand. 

"I don't think I'm going home tonight." He said keeping his eyes up at the sky. 

"Problems with your mom again?" I asked, placing my hand on his chest. 

Luke placed his hand over mine and squeezed my fingers as he nodded, "Yeah. She just doesn't get it."