the orpheum

/the above video was found on luke's old video camera/

I constantly found myself wandering back to Julie's house to look through the things that Rose kept. She had never threw out the instruments that Sunset Curve left behind, maybe because before it was her and Julie's studio, it was ours. 

I told her all about Sunset Curve, she helped write me write music and most of all she helped me grieve the death of my best friends. I wonder if she kept these instruments because keeping them was keeping a part of me. 

If that wasn't enough she went on to buy the house from my parents. I loved what she did with the place and I'm happy the home I grew up in and my parent's loved so much went into the hands of somebody that loved the house as much as we did. 

I don't know why it shocked me so much that she actually kept everything. We were only friends for seven months, but in that time I felt closer to her than I felt closer to Bobby. She was one of the best friends I ever had and I know if the guys didn't die, we'd all get along so well.

Rose was an amazing musician and I wondered why she never shared her talent with the world. She had been in a few bands, but nothing more. She quit working at The Orpheum after the guys and didn't find another job until after I died. 

It took me a while but I finally picked up Luke's old video camera. I only had to grow through a few videos for me to start crying. It was unfair how much I missed him, Alex and Reggie. Wherever they were, I just wanted to be there with them. For whatever reason, I kept coming in and out of a black room for the past 25 years with no purpose in life. Or after life, I should say.

One of my favorite memories was Luke constantly chasing me around with his mom's old camcorder. Looking at these was so hard, just imagining the life we all could have lived. We'd be living the life that Trevor now gets to live with the money he made off of our music. 

I heard the garage door open and Julie came in so I dropped the camera and hid behind the bean bag.

"Guys?" Julie called out. She climbed up the ladder and looked around confused. She picked up the camera and began watching the video that was still playing. "This must be Jade." She said to herself. She knows me?

"Luke, I'm so serious, stop it!" I heard my laughter come from the video camera and I knew exactly which video she was watching.

"What are you gonna do? Make me?" Luke's voice sounded off of the old camera and I crawled out from behind the beanbag and leaned over her shoulder to watch with her. It was a special moment between Luke and I. A moment that I thought we'd actually kiss, and then we did and then we did something more than kiss. We were seventeen, it was the 90s, there were much worse things than what we did, okay don't lecture me. And then we never spoke of it again after that. I don't think any of the guys had even seen this, yet here Julie was.