5: Mystery Unfolding

September flies by for Harry at a moderate pace and before he knew it's a week till Samhain. This year Dumbledore has made it mandatory to attend the gaudy Halloween feast, if once students weren't present then the house would lose all its points. Harry was upset about not being able to do his original plan; lighting a candle for his mom.

It was Wednesday when Harry approached his father, "Dad, I was wondering if this year we could do something for mum."

James turned to Harry disappointed, "I know you don't like the Halloween feast but using your mother as an excuse is not right. She died protecting you and Evangeline. I'm sorry but no."

James then started walking off when Harry asked another question. "Why can't I enter your quarters?"

He watched his fathers head drop down, "Harry," he sighed, "you are a student here at this school, having access to mine or any of the professors is not right nor is it fair to the other students."

"Then why is Evangeline allowed to enter?"

"Harry, this isn't up for discussion. You know she has lessons with Dumbledore. They have to use the quarters. Now enough of this. Shouldn't you be heading to class?"

Harry just stood in shock, he knew someone was the cause of his treatment. There was someone out for him again but this isn't- It's like his father completely forgot last year.

The next few days passed and Harry was getting more and more worried about his father. In his classes there was a slight change between the houses, he was pushing more attention away from the Slytherins. It was a few days till Samhain when Harry was walking through the corridor when a hissing was here. It was the same as before though this time there was something more to it. Harry silently followed it listening to the words. As he kept going, he felt his mind sluggish and tired. Shaking his head, he decided to worry about the hissing and translate it later. Harry resolves writing to Marvolo and heads off to the owlery.

After coming back from the owlery Draco and Theo were waiting at the entrance for him. Harry paused looking at their faces. "What did you do?"

Quickly the smirks on their faces were replaced with an innocent look, "I don't know what-"

"You mean." Theo said after Draco.

"Come on, it's time for Dinner." Draco said with Theo nodding his head both taking Harry's hands and pulling him into the Great Hall.

Harry throughout dinner watched over the whole hall. Draco and Theo both had a proud smile on their face which means they did something.

His questions were answered at dessert when at the head table cries of anguish and surprise echoed through the Great Hall. Harry could help but laugh with the rest of the students. Sitting at the table was a Half stag, dog, wolf, and jackal sitting in James, Sirius, Remus and Severus' chairs at the head table. When either one tried to speak all that would be the noise of their Animagus. Causing the students to grow in loudness. Quickly each one of the professors vacated the great hall leaving the laughter of students.

Harry looked at the two, "you two stole the book didn't you?" He accusingly asked the now two innocent smiles. "Thanks."

Theo looked at Harry, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Harry hummed as the three headed out of the Great Hall towards the second floor to their room they claimed for the year.

"You know it was interesting. I didn't think Lockhart was anything special in classes and such."

"I agree," Draco spoke as he closed and sealed the door then joined the two at the round desk.

Theo absently nodded his head, "Severus and McGonagall enjoy his company."

"True, also we can actually understand what he was talking about, even if it was just a front last year."

"To right," Harry said as he opened the book, "now if you both want to get the mastery then we best get started."

Together the three began with their study session going over everything thus far they know and learned then they set a plan for the rest of the year. An hour later they headed off to their common room for the night.

The 31st came and with it the day of the dead. Harry woke early that morning lighting a candle for his mom and ancestors who have died since he couldn't do the ceremony that night.

It was a boring day for Harry as the classes were mainly potions and dueling. The three Slytherins had stayed for the feast that night, filled up with candy and sweets and then went to their study room on the second floor. There they stayed for the rest of the time studying before being interrupted by a noise across the hall in the girls bathroom.

Once they stepped out, they found the floor covered in water, Draco who walked farther ahead called them over. Harry stopped in shock at what he saw. Under the flickering lantern was a petrified Mrs. Norris. Painted on the wall was blood, a message to the school.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been open enemies of the heir beware." Theo spoke in a shocked whisper.

"Who would be the heir, only Marvolo and I are the heir?"

"Don't know Harry but we should be extra careful, for all we know it's you who is the enemy."

Harry nodded as they both turned to leave when footsteps were approaching them. Harry closed his eyes at the consequences of them being seen first here. Ravenclaw students stopped seeing the sight of what the three just saw. Soon the professors joined. Dumbledore stood in the front. "Students please continue to your dorm rooms." They all turned to leave when Dumbledore called for Harry, Draco and Theo.

"Lockhart, will you be able to bring Mrs. Norris back to life?"

"Why of course headmaster," Lockhart agreed, "Severus would you be able to brew the potion?"

"Yes," Severus drawled, keeping his eyes on the three before him. "You three will follow me to the office now and explain why you three were here first."

The three teens nodded following their head of house to the dungeons with Harry wondering what Severus would do. He even wondered if this cold treatment was actually from Harry surpassing him in getting his Masters, but wasn't sure.

*10 Days till Halloween! Hope everything is going good, and that you enjoyed todays post, tomorrows will be a new one-shot. Don't want to give anything a way, but this one deals with a troll and the founders. Anyways thanks for the reads, hope you have a Spooktacular day!*