1.12

Olive sat parked outside of her house

Olive sat parked outside of her house. Her car was in the street since both her mom and her dad where actually home. She smiled to herself and then checked her phone and saw a bunch of updates from Julie. She smiled and then powered her phone down.

She sighed to herself and then climbed out of the car. She made her way to the house, a huge grin was written across her face. But it slowly fell once she opened the door to find screaming taking place in the house.

Olive slowly walked into the house and saw suitcases in the hall way "Mom? Dad?" She walked into the kitchen to see them yelling at each other. Her face scrunched together. She looked at them and then to the suitcases.

"What's going on?" Olive asked looking at them. They both stopped yelling and looked at her

"Olive.. oh... shoot its dinner time already!" Her mom said and then went to the oven "About five minuets" her mom faked a smile. Her dad made a snarky comment in witch Olive could not hear. But her mom sent him a deadly glare.

Olive looked around the room for anything, a sign something to explain what is happening. That is when her eyes saw a few pieces of paper. She didn't have to get close enough to read them to know what they were.

"You getting a divorce?" Olive asked and looked at them. Her parents quickly looked at each other and then her mom said

"Why don't you go sit down at the table and we will talk it over yeah?"

Olive slowly nodded and then went to the table. A few moments later her mom came in with their dinner, Her parents sat on opposite ends of the table.

It was quiet for a good thee minuets before Olive asked "How long have you been keeping this from me?"

Her parents looked at each other and then her father stated "You need to eat you have that dance tonight don't you?" Olive looked at him and then grabbed the mashed potatoes and plopped them on her plate

"Happy? Now, how long have you been hiding this?" She snapped looking at both of her parents. Her mom sat her utensils down and then stated

"Lets just say only I was on a business trip.. Your father was in New York but for different reasons"

Olive looked at them and her father cut in "I have been applying for jobs in New York for a year now."

Olive shook her head "You guys seemed so happy" she said

Olives mother sighed "We wanted to be happy.. we do love each other very much... but we cant do this relationship anymore"

"You'll understand when you love someone Olive. Relationships are hard.. Take a lot of what you don't have out of you."

Olive looked at her father and then they all sat there saying nothing. After about 10 minuets Olive pushed herself from the table and said

"Why are we doing this?! You guys are divorced you don't have to sit her and pretend to be happy for me!" Her breathing became almost sharp and angry "And dad I am not going to understand when I'm older..." She looked then and then went to her room.