part 8

Read the authors note at the end of the chapter

She collapsed in the snow, her body shivering and convulsing. Almost immediately the cold, white snow began to cover her body as her vision blurred and she drifted away from consciousness.

When she woke up she was in a damp but warm cave, a moss blanket covering her and a fire roaring in the center. A pile of animals bones laid in the corner and in the other a big white wolf pelt.  

The cave felt warm, safe. It was deep enough to block the snow and cold but shallow enough to let one see any one coming close to it. Moss covered the walls and plants grew from the corners, giving the cave a woodsy, but homey, feeling.

She pushed herself up with a soft groan, hissing at the pain radiating throughout her entire body. It felt like ice was shooting through her blood vessels and gathering in her stomach. Her head pounded and her vision blurred, like someone was turning a dial back and forth.

 The second she let out that noise, what she had thought was a wolf pelt lifted its giant head and turned it towards her. It stared into her eyes, bearing right into her soul. Burning through her.

She squeaked out and pulled the moss blanket up higher and whimpered softly, her ears going down and back, causing the wolf to tilt its head to the side and its ears to perk up. The wolf then got up, easily towering over her even if she had been standing at her full height, which is 83.2 cm.

The wolf was about 4 times her height and scary, with its sharp teeth and claws and its strong eyes. Which held so much human intelligence it was creepy. She scooted back until her back hit the wall behind her and her eyes widened. The wolf walked up to her causing her to shrink back in fear.

When the wolf saw that it stopped, it could smell her fear and didn't want to cause her anymore. The wolf took a step back, lowered its ears and got on its stomach. Then let out a soft whine and set its head on its paws. 

She tilted her head in confusion and hesitantly lowered the moss she had lifted to hide behind. The wolfs eyes looked at her gently, the intensity of them lowering.

It lowered its head onto its front paws, its ears still pressed against its head and a loud, low whine slipped from its throat. The girl slowly pulled the moss blanket off her body and stood up. She took a cautious step towards the wolf, then froze. Her hands were bunched up against her chest, clutching it tightly.

The wolf stayed still, waiting. The little girl slowly walked up to the wolf, and carefully held her hand out to the huge canine. Her hand hesitated above its head then set upon it. Pale little fingers run through soft, white fur and slip to the wolfs neck, scratching it.

The wolf closed its eyes and let out a soft rumble come from its chest. It then lifted its head and gently rubbed it against her side and hand. She let out a soft giggle and continued to pet the wolf.

The wolf then rolled onto its back, showing its belly, and spread its front paws. She gently scratched the wolfs belly. The wolf then pushed itself up and licked her face. She let out a soft giggle and gently gripped the wolfs fur and buried her face.

Hey everyone. Here's another chapter, it's kind of slow but yeah. I hope you enjoy this. Ok so I don't have a way to put this into the story so I'll put it here. The wolf is a female and has a quirk. The wolf's quirk is a lot like principal Nezu's quirk, human intelligence. And yes the wolf light the fire in the middle of the cave. 

~Author-san