Let's Get Our Investigation Started!

Every town’s story starts with an abrupt event. This, then, serves to be the chief cause of havoc in the lives of its residents. The story of the Blueball town, however, is much more bizarre than mere impromptu episodes. And to no one’s wonder, the residents, too timid to face reality, were sustaining a fiend, a dastardly person. Or God knows if it was even a person.

Meanwhile, children from the town of Blueball had engrossed themselves in preparation for their end sems. Summer was just 'round the corner as people from town anticipated the blissful sun after the intensely chilling winters.

Like most other students preparing for their end sems while consecutively planning their summer vacations, so were Emma and her mates.

"I actually truly relish scuba diving, though!" said Rossie, desperately wanting to explain to her friend, Jess, as to why scuba diving was a better idea for the vacation. 

Rosalind Dickinson, familiarly called Rossie, was the daughter of the local sheriff. 

"Stop being so air-headed, Ross. The only point that fascinates me right now is our school project," Jess grumbled. "We have to complete our end sem project in any state by next week. Any opinions, Em !?" Jess exclaimed, turning her attention towards Emma, who was busy reading a journal.

Jessica Jones, Emma Styles, and Rosalind Dickenson were three next-door-neighbors and best pals since diapers. At least, they were next-door-neighbors until Jessie's family had to shift into the outskirts. 

Emma raised her head with a deep sense of thought on her face,

"Definitely! I was looking for the project in this journal, but..." Emma paused, giving a puzzled expression. 

"I told you, Em would love the scuba diving idea, don't you, Em.!?" said Rossie. 

"God! Can you not be serious for even a moment, Ross?" Jess quietened Rossie and asked, "What is it, Em? What did you find in the journal?" 

"It's this strange thing happening in the neighborhood of our town, The western parks. You might remember, we used to visit there for our clandestine camping ventures," explained Emma until Rossie interrupted her and said,

"Definitely, until that good old Mr. Mudson told us not to visit that site because of some imbecilic, unheavenly reason." Rossie rolled her eyes in annoyance while mentioning Mr. Mudson. 

"The grounds have been empty for a long time now." Emma continued. "But since last year, at every month's end when the janitors visited the site for cleanup, they found a strange note threatening them to leave the site or the town might get hurt.!!" Emma took a pause only to look at her friends' perplexed faces, then continued,

"Nothing severe happened according to the threats, and everyone assumed these threat notes were no more than just a prank. But if it was a prank, it was a long one! It has been lasting for a year now. Same threats, warnings, writing patterns with just one difference - the end phrase. In the first threat, it was 'I am just one instance away from you' - and then it proceeded to one foot, to one day, to one spot, to one eye, and so on. Until finally to a stone's throw away, which was in the last threat found last month. However, all these threats are vaguely different and don't even make any sense!"

"Geez, that's creepy!!!" exclaimed Rossie, having goosebumps.

When these three young minds were still reflecting upon this strange activity occurring not so far from them, they heard a knock on the door. It was Emma's Mom - Stephanie. 

"Hey, girls!" Stephanie exclaimed with a soft smile, "Rossie, you have your father waiting for you downstairs. You may come down quickly," instructed Stephanie.