32 | shark week

Draco tapped his foot impatiently, his eyes drifting between Hermione's door and the clock. They were supposed to start their night patrol as of right now, and Draco had never been more impatient to patrol than he'd ever been.

Usually it's Hermione who nagged him to leave his room and go out twenty minutes before they were supposed to, but the annoying feeling in his gut after ten minutes of abnormal silence had passed had left him worried.

"Granger! Come out! What the bloody hell are you doing in there?!" He knocked on her locked door.

He was met with silence.

"Granger! We're late! Don't want to be expelled for being late, do you?" He goaded.

Absolute silence.

He was tempted to knock over the door down and give her a piece of his mind. Actually, he wasn't particularly sure if she was there and wondered if he had been embarrassingly yelling at no one for the past five minutes.

Wait. Why did he care anyway? It's just Granger for Salazar's sake. Good for nothing Know-It-All Bookworm and her insufferable I-know-everything attitude. It was just his luck he was paired with her as Head girl to his Head boy. He should be ecstatic to be able to patrol by himself, to scour the corridors without her incessant temper and rules that limit him from doing the fun things he'd wanted to do while out on patrol.

With the thought of having no one to hold him back while he patrols alone, he grinned coyly, his annoyance lifting from his shoulders.

"Nevermind, Granger!" He called through her door, turning on his heels to leave, "You can stay there, I'll tell McGonagall you're heavily ill and resorted to quarantining within your room. I'll be happy to patrol by myself for a change!"

He stepped away from her door with an elated smile, excited to leave without Hermione. Only for his smile to immediately drop as he heard soft, muffled cries and whimpers from the other side.

"Alohomora!" He casted on her door without thinking, barging through and becoming sheer white with panic as he eyed Hermione's curled up turtle position on her bed. Her bushy curls of hair were tangled and unbrushed, spreading everywhere and hid half of her curled body. Her legs were tucked underneath her as she gently rocked back and forth, groaning with pain muffled by the mattress her face was pressed against.

"What's wrong? Why do you look like that? Were you cursed? Are you hurt?" He shot all at once, moving quickly towards the edge of her bed but unknowing of what to do.

"Noooo," Hermione groaned, moving her monstrous hair to the side so she could properly see him and his panicky expression quite clearly. "Malfoy, what are you doing here? I thought you were going to patrol?"

"I was until it sounded like you were dying! What the hell Granger, I thought this was serious!" Draco ran a hand down his face, scowling at her for making him worry unnecessarily, "I thought someone had broke in and tied you up or something of the sort!"

"Thanks for your concern," Hermione snarked, whimpering painfully a second after and falling to lay on her side.

"Oh shite," Draco rushed over onto her bed, his hands hovering inches over her curled body, "Why are you like this? Are you under some sort of spell? Do you know the counter curse?"

A small laugh escaped between the grimace of her lips, "If I knew the counter spell, I would have used it on myself since first year."

"Huh?"

"It's shark week."

He frowned, "It's what now?"

"My monthly," she snapped.