Chapter 19

With Aarons arm spread across my waist, I slowly was awakened by the pounding headache. Every time I drink I always remember why I don't.

I felt Aarons breath on the back of my head, I wanted to wrap around him but the feeling of sinking into the bed kept me in place.

My hand found his on my stomach, "Hmm." He hummed.

Of course he was already awake. The hangover was occurring and I didn't want to move but the thought of catching the plane made my eyes open fully.

I felt his weight shift and suddenly he was in front of me, "Come on baby, we have an hour or two before we got to leave."

I groaned as he picked me up and brought me into the bathroom, "Close your eyes." He said before flipping on the switch.

I appreciated the warning and took the opportunity.

When I opened my eyes, the blinding light made my head pulse in pain. Glancing over at Aaron, he was already getting ready to shower only being in his boxers.

Before I knew it we were in the shower, everything was skating by with my slightly tipsy state. Only a few hours had passed since the last I could remember. I definitely wasn't sober but not drunk.

There was a bruise forming on Aarons shoulder from when he fell onto the floor. I soothed my fingertips over it, he winced and turned around. "Look at it."

His eyes shifted and he let out a subtle laughter, clearly remembering how he got it.

When we finished I sat on the stool in front of the kitchen island, "Do you want any?" He offered me some coffee but I decided against it.

"If I eat or drink anything you can guarantee it's not staying down." After getting himself a cup he walked over and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm sorry sweetheart."

____

We got to the strip at five thirty and by the time we were in the air I was knocked out. Worn out from having to drag myself to the plane.

It was slightly better but I needed to rest.

Now I laid in between Aarons legs while he read a book. I clung onto him and I didn't want to let go even in my sleeping state.

Noticing the shift in his breathing I opened my eyes. His hand was running small circles on my back and when I looked up his head was against the wall and his eyes were closed.

I smiled and checked his watch, we had half an hour left on the flight.

____

Upon landing we were in an SUV, someone driving us to the penthouse. His arms behind me on my hip, my head on his shoulder. I calmed myself down and tried to think of something else.

"When we get there remember, we don't have to hide from the team." The thought brought a smile to my face even though we still weren't ready.

"When we get there my ass is slamming onto the bed and taken a fucking nap." Aaron chuckled and agreed.

Through the streets we saw the luxurious building we were staying at. It was thirty stories and our place had two floors.

The driver dropped us off and we walked in.

I put my hand in his and continued walking through the lobby. It had black and white marble floors, a mirror ceiling, brush gold pillars on the sides with a red carpet going down the center leading to the elevator.