Chapter 38

"Clear." Ahsoka had peeked around a corner to check for droids. The group of us rushed around the corner, moving further into the base with quiet steps.

"Take out their surveillance." Anakin ordered Fives who shot the camera, which triggered multiple guns to shoot at us. Us Jedi had moved to deflect the blasts while our clones hid behind us and shot them down.

"Right behind you, sir" Rex commented from behind me as he carefully shot over my shoulders and I protected him from getting blasted. Ahsoka and Obi Wan had sliced down the last two guns.

"The walls are electrified. Go! Go, go, go!" Cody warned as the purple sparks came towards us from the end we had came from. Rex had pushed me forward gently to get me to start running as he and the others followed close behind us. We ducked into the next hallway but one trooper got caught in the sparks. "Longshot!"

"We must keep moving." Obi Wan reminded sadly after witnessing the loss of another clone. "Down here!" Obi Wan called as the force guided us towards a cell. The troopers stormed the room, taking out all of the droids to reveal Master Piell.

"Secure the entrance!" Anakin ordered as he entered. He cut the hold on the Jedi Master and Master Kenobi caught him as he weakly fell.

"Master Piell, are you all right?" The bearded man set the master on the ground.

"Obi-Wan. What took you guys so long?" Piell asked with a joking tone.

"At least your sense of humor is still intact." Anakin commented.

"It takes more than they got to break me, young Skywalker." Piell stood up.

"So you have the coordinates for the Nexus Route?" Anakin asked while Obi Wan handed him his lightsaber back.

"I got them, all right. Half of them, anyway. My captain's got the other half." The Jedi walked out on his own.

"Why?" I asked the obvious question.

"I erased the computers when we were boarded and had both of us memorize part of the intel. That way, if somehow I cracked, the information would be useless to them without the other half." He further explained his reasoning.

"Where's your captain?" Obi Wan asked the next question.

"Being held with the other officers, I assume." Piell shrugged.

"We're gonna need a new plan for getting out." Anakin reminded us.

Two troopers checked the corner, signaling that it was clear for us to all sneak out but what they didn't see were the oncoming droids who had jumped out before us. Obi Wan and I prepared to fight back while more droids appeared behind Ahsoka and Anakin who faced them back. Obi Wan and I dodged the blasts while deflecting them too. One trooper was punched in the gut as they ran towards us, Obi Wan fighting hand to hand with another one and Ahsoka getting tackled. Cody tackled another, Ahsoka cutting the head off the one on top of her droid and Kenobi slicing the other one in half.

"Rex" I warned, cutting down the droid behind him when I took notice.

"Thank you, General Jayko" he nodded in appreciation.

"Of course"

"Thank you, General Jayko" Fives mocked Rex after I had walked away.

"Fives!" Rex scolded.

"We need to keep moving." Obi Wan lead us out and down another hallway. A ringing sounded out causing everyone to cover their ears and pause while our weapons were pulled to the ceiling. Anakin shouted as he was pulled up because of his metal arm.