Chapter 57

"So what's the big rush?" Anakin walked alongside Obi Wan, Ahsoka and I through the streets of Coruscant in the dark of night.

"The Jedi Council has called an emergency meeting." Obi Wan simply told us, earning a sigh from Anakin.

"I can see it now. Another long, boring debate." Anakin complained at the thought of another council meeting.

"Would you rather they call you in to train younglings?" His Padawan questioned with a smirk, knowing how much he hated that.

"Are you crazy?" Anakin scoffed. Suddenly a gunshot just passed Kenobi, forcing us all to rush to take cover while the shots continued to fire off.

"Any idea where that shot came from?" My former master called out to us as we all hid around crates in the alley.

"A sniper. I see him up there!" Ahsoka pointed to the corner of a nearby building, the culprit making a break for it.

"All right, here's the plan. Anakin, you flank him on the right. Lyra, you and Ashoka cover the lower streets. I'm going after him." Obi Wan instructed, all of us igniting our colourful lightsabers and running with the plan. The two older Jedi jumped onto the roof and began chasing the criminal as me and the young Togruta ran in the streets below trying to catch up. They were both being shot at and took cover when it seemed to be clear again.

"I lost him! Obi-Wan, do you have anything?" Anakin shouted through comms. Suddenly Obi Wan had stepped out of his cover only to be shot in the shoulder, falling to the ground before us. "Obi-Wan!" Anakin called after our former master with emotion, not wanting to lose anyone else.

"I got him, go!" I called up to promise Anakin, rushing towards Obi Wan protectively. Coruscant droids who had heard the commotion joined us while I pulled Kenobi to rest in my lap, checking his pulse as tears filled my eyes at the truth.

Anakin chased the shooter across the rooftops of Coruscant, the sniper eventually escaping. Anakin ran down to join us a few minutes later, out of breath from running so much.

"How is he?" Anakin worried, looking down at us kneeling with Obi Wan. I replied by looking at him with tear filled eyes and a sorry expression, slightly shaking my head. "Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan!" Anakin cried out, Ashoka moving to comfort me with a gentle hug as I sobbed into her shoulder.

~~~

I stood beside Anakin as we both wore our hoods up and watched Obi Wan's covered body being lowered into the ground, a light beam shooting up from it once the door had closed tightly over his casket.

"I'm worried about Anakin. He hasn't said a word since it happened." Ahsoka told Master Plo across from us, Satine and Padmé standing beside them to mourn our shared loss. Silent tears flowed down my cheeks as I knew my old master was officially gone, but something still felt wrong deep down, though my mind was too crowded to focus.

"General" Cody saluted as I walked through the Barracks, needing to clear my mind but not wanting to meditate at the moment. "Something wrong?" He noticed my dull look and immediately took action.

"Sorry, I just got back from Obi Wan's funeral" I looked down with a sniffle as the Commander grew sad in understanding.

"I'm sorry, Lyra" he placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Let me know if there is anything I can do"

"Thank you, Cody. I could really use some friends to distract me right now"

"On it." He stated immediately an idea brewing in his head. "Rex!" The commander waved over the 501st Captain.

"Cody, General" Rex nodded to the pair of us.

"Lyra, needs a distraction" Cody stated.

"Alright" Rex seemed a bit uneasy and confused at why he had been called over for this. "I could get Fives"