Chapter 56

"Hey there" Anakin waved while walking alongside me on my way back from the library.

"Hello" I started, but was cut off with a harsh fit of coughing.

"Woah, you alright there?" He set his hand on my back to keep me steady.

"Yeah, it's nothing"

"Even so, I'm taking you to the med bay to get checked out." With a groan from me he pulled me along towards the medical bay where I was sat on a cot waiting with Anakin, hating every second of it.

"What do we have here? Oh" Kix was shocked to see me again in the med bay, both of us hating my visits.

"Lyra, here had a pretty bad coughing fit and I think she might be coming down with something" Anakin gave his thoughts to the clone medic.

"What other symptoms do you have?" He asked me while pulling over a chair to sit on.

"Runny nose, pale skin, coughing and she also seemed to be unbalanced so probably dizzy" Anakin spoke up, knowing I wouldn't admit to being sick.

"Well, good news is you only have a cold and it should pass after a few days of bed rest."

"Kix—" I started to protest when he cut me off sharply.

"Bed rest"

"Fine" I grumbled, standing up as Anakin helped me walk back to my room in the temple.

"Contact me, Obi Wan, Cody or Rex if you need anything" he sternly reminded, closing my door and leaving me to get some rest.

"Lyra, come in" a heard my former masters voice echo through my commlink.

"Yes, master?" I asked in a haze as I had just woken up from a nap, feeling miserable with the killer headache pounding in my head.

"Anakin and I will be going off on a mission, but Rex and Cody are staying behind so you can contact one of them for anything you need" Obi Wan explained simply, not wanting to leave me when I'm sick, but trusting the clones to take care of anything I might need.

"Okay" I agreed without much thought before collapsing back onto my bed and falling to sleep again.

A knocking on my door woke me again. I opened my eyes, seeing that a few hours had passed because the sun had set over the Coruscant sky. Standing to my feet with a grumble I opened the door to face Captain Rex.

"Uh hi, I brought you some dinner. I wasn't sure if you ate anything yet. Oh and I also brought some books from the library that Ahsoka helped me pick out for you to read." He presented the items he he,d in his hands.

"Thank you, come in" I stepped to the side and he set everything onto a small table I had. I had taken the first bite of my food before it came back up immediately after. Rushing into the refresher I threw up in the toilet and groaned while sitting back against the wall.

"Oh!" Rex was in slight shock after what he had witnessed before jumping into action to help. He found a hair elastic on the counter and quickly moved to pull my hair back into a low ponytail to keep it out of my face as I hovered over the toilet.

"I'm sorry" I hid my face in my hands with embarrassment.

"There's no need to be sorry. I'll go see if Kix has anything that can help. I'll be right back" with that he ran out of the door towards the medic clone. "Kix! Lyra just threw up, what do I do?"

"Relax Rex, it's completely normal for her to throw up when she is sick. Give her these" Kix passed his Captain a bottle of medicine, not worried about you because he knew you would be fine and that Rex was just panicked. "And make sure she drinks lots of water and rests"