Chapter 73

"Many of the wounded have heard rumors a Jedi was behind this explosion. There will be ill will toward you."

"I think you're overexaggerating, Russo. There were Jedi killed in that blast along with maintenance crew and clones. Take Ahsoka with you." Anakin ordered again. "Let me know if you find anything."

"I will, Master." Ahsoka walked out with the droid, leaving us to close our eyes and think of the situation, feeling for anything suspicious from the scene where we stood.

"See anything yet?" Anakin peaked one eye open.

"Nothing" I lowered my hands back to my sides with a sigh of defeat.

"Let's go see what Ahsoka and Russo have gathered" Anakin lead the way out of the bombing site.

~~~

"Did you find anything?" Ahsoka asked when we met up with them in the medical Center.

"No, but the rumor about it being a Jedi is growing, Ahsoka. I can feel the anger and confusion throughout the Jedi Temple." Anakin explained to his Padawan.

"Russo and I have a lead. We are looking for one of the Temple workers, Jackar Bowmani." Ahsoka showed us a holo image.

"One of the witnesses saw him in the area where the bomb exploded right before it happened, and we have not been able to find him anywhere." Russo tells us.

"Come on. Nobody just disappears." Anakin scoffs at the idea while I pondered in thought.

"Unless it was well planned out." The droid countered.

"Well, it had to be well planned out to get past Jedi. We'll talk to security." Anakin and I walked out again, taking the image with us to show security outside the temple.

"No more clones!" A riot had formed outside of the peaceful temple.

"Stop the violence!"

"End the war!"

"Stop the violence!"

"They're all family and friends?" Anakin asked the master standing outside to watch over the angry crowd.

"Yes, looking for answers." The master explained to us.

"So am I, Cin. This is the guy who might be behind all of this. If you see him, alert me immediately." Anakin showed him the image.

"That is Jackar." A woman stepped out from the crowd with shock at the image.

"You know this man?" I asked, turning to face her sternly.

"He is my husband. I've been trying to reach him since I heard of an explosion. Where is he?" She questioned with obvious worry for him.

"I need you to come with me." Anakin stated and she nervously walked forward from the crowd of angry citizens.

Anakin and I lead her into the temple, taking her straight to an empty room that resulted a prison cell.

"You have no idea where Jackar is?" The woman worried for her loss.

"No." Anakin sighed with sadness for her.

"You are a Jedi, and you cannot find him?"

"I understand your frustration."

"Don't. Just find Jackar." She snapped.

"Letta, do you think Jackar could do something like this, blow up the Temple?" Anakin asked which caused the poor woman to snap even further at him.

"Do you have any idea what someone has to go through to work in the Jedi Temple, hm? Jackar dedicated his life to serving the Jedi. It had been his dream. Not just anyone can walk into your precious Temple. He passed all the entry tests that were needed." The woman pointed to Anakin sternly.