✶Chapter 23✶ Reunited

[Chris's POV]

"You ready?" I asked her as we parked in front of our house.

She looked at it from behind the ITM mask in the back of the car, Ricky holding her hand.

Sshe gulped and nodded. "Umm, yeah," she said.

"You don't have to do this, Bay," Ricky said as we all climbed out of the car.

"Yes, I do," she said.

We just nodded hesitantly before heading up to my house.

I knocked and we waited as then my mom opened.

"Chris! Ricky!!" she said happily. "So glad you're here!! But where are the others?"

"Families, Mom. Ricky missed your cooking, though," I said, Ricky with a cheeky smile.

"Oh you," she laughed, then noticed Baylie who stood nervously. "Oh, and who's this?"

"Umm, this is my girlfriend, Angel Rose," Ricky said, holding Baylie close as she stood shyly. "She's an backup dancer for In This Moment, and well.... Yeah," Ricky said, blushing a little as Baylie hugged him.

"Awww, how sweet. But why does she still ha-"

I coughed a bit to catch her attention and gestured her not to ask.

"Oh, okay. Well, its nice to meet you, sweetie," she said.

"She can't talk by the way. Selective mute," Ricky explained, but Angel still stuck her hand out to shake.

My mom shook it politely as we entered and we greeted my dad.

Baylie then noticed the little shrine we had of her in the living room with candles and flowers and a framed picture of her, another of me and her at one of my birthdays.

"That was our daughter, Baylie. We don't talk much of her, but let's just say we live everyday with regret in our backs and hearts," my mom said sadly.

Baylie looke dup and clenched her fist quietly, but then relaxed, placing a consoliong hand on her shoulder.

My mom looked and smiled. "You're very kind," she said. "Ricky picked a good one. Poor boy hasn't had much luck."

She just looked down.

My mom then sniffled. "Look at that, umm," she said, dabbing her eyes. "I-I'll be right back."

I was about to go, when Baylie stopped me, and nodded.

I hesitated, but nodded as she meekly walked towards the kitchen , my dad looking confused.

"What's going on?" he asked.

Me and Ricky look at each other.

[Baylie's POV]

I peered in and looked in the kitchen, seeing my mother at hte table crying.

It broke my heart.

They did regret being so hard on me.

I walked in and sat next to her as she wiped at her eyes.

"You know.... It broke my heart when the doctors told me that she wasn;'t going to make it past the age of two.... Scared me more when I heard the call that she cut ehr neck open," she said in a shakey voice. "Because in those times I tought I was going to lose my little girl."

I felt my heart cracking more.

"In the end... I did," she cried. "She's probably dead and I can't even say goodbye to her because she was probably turned to ash since nobody could identify her."

I gulped before I decided its time.

"She's not dead," I mumbled.

She froze and looked up. "What are you talking about?"

"I know her. And... She's okay. She has a good career, people care and love her, and she met someone who can love and care for her," I said.

"Where is she?" my mother asked.

I gulped and just reached around my neck, pulling off the choker to reveal the scar.

She scrunched her eyebrows.

"I-In front of you," I said, feeling so scared as I reached up and untied my mask, pulling it off.

She gasped as she stood up.

"I understand if you want to hate me," I said, feeling tears stream down my face. "But i left so I won't worry Chris, and so I would stop disappointing you. I'm so sorry."

She was quiet as I looked down, then suddenly was pulled into a pair of arms and realized my mom hugged me.

"Thank god you're alright," she cried.

I burst into sobs as I hugged her back. "I'm so sorry, Momma."

[Ricky's POV]

Chris's dad was in shock as he entered the kitchen and engulfed Baylie and his wife into a hug and they all cried.

"At least tings will be okay, right?" I asked Chris, looking up at him.

He smiled. "I'm sure of it."

I smiled as we saw them reunite.

Once they were calm we all got to eating and catching up before me and decided to sleep over for the night, Baylie and I in her old room.

~~~

FEEDBACK!! ^.^=