Chapter 7 - Tame The Wild Animal

Okay. I have to admit he does play quite well. Currently me and Brad were playing a one-on-one game against each other. The score was currently 10-9. The one who scored 17 points first was going to win this.

And in my case, I just needed to score 17 points first because I didn't want to lose from Brad of all people. I just want to beat this guy's butt because he thinks he's so hot asking Sarah on a date. I'll show him who's hot.

I just needed 8 more points to win the game.

Brad had the ball and was sprinting towards his side of the court but I wasn't going to back down. I followed him and stole the ball from him.

Going to my side of the court, I swiftly shot a three-pointer.

"Yeah baby! That's what I call a classical dunk." Adam screamed which made me roll my eyes at his stupid comment. The whole team was currently watching the game between Brad and I.

In the matter of a few seconds, I made a two-pointer as well and I only needed 3 more points to finish the game.

Brad had gotten control over the ball and as much as I tried to make a steal, I couldn't, and I watched him shoot a three-pointer. As soon as the ball went through the hoop, he smirked in satisfaction.

He just needs 4 more points now. I have to say this guy is pretty good. But I have to focus on the game even more now if I want to win this.

The coach threw the ball in the air and I got control over it. I made a dash towards his side of the court and I was just close to it when Brad stole the ball from me and sprinted towards his side.

I followed him and tried to steal the ball back but he just didn't give me an access. He scored another three-pointer and the whole team cheered.

He just needed one more point and this game could end in his favor.

The coach threw the ball in the air again and this time Brad got it. He started to sprint towards his hoop and I followed him. But this time I managed to steal the ball from him and before he could to steal it back, I start sprinted towards my hoop. I managed to shoot a three-pointer which made me raise my arms up in victory.

Cheers erupted in the gym as I looked over at the basketball team.

"Yeah! That's my homie over there. Jackie, my boy." Aaron screamed while running towards me. He gave me a hug before picking me up while I laughed in amusement, but he soon set me back down on the ground with his face twisted in a disgusted expression.

"Ew, dude you're sweaty!"

"Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know that." He grinned at my sarcasm.

"Man, that was a great game." Adam stated looking at me with adoration.

"Thanks. So, how'd you like that, coach?" I asked the coach who came over to me.

"I must admit, you played exceptionally well. Have you thought about joining the basketball team?" The coach spoke while extending his hand out for me to shake. I shook his hand with a smile before shaking my head.

"As much as I'd like that, I don't really want any distractions. I want to graduate with great grades, that's the plan for now."

"Well, we'll always be willing to take you any time you want, so if you ever change your mind, you know where to find me." The coach smiled at me before he turned to look at the whole team that was now in front of him.

"And I'll see you all tomorrow for practice. Got it?"

"Yes sir!" The whole team replied in unison.